Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 month pup is not taking to house training

• 06-01-2011 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

We have a 8 month soft coated wheaten terrier pup so far he has been a nightmare with house training he seems to have the idea of peeing outside but when it comes to taking a dump for some reason he seems to wait until we are back inside and not looking and then he goes, its starting to wear on my patience and basically Im just wondering does anyone here have any good tips with dealing with this

please help Im sick of smelling it and stepping in it :(:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Do you bring him outside after every mealtime and stay with him until he goes? Do you reward him when he goes outside?
    You need to reward him and encourage him to go outside and stay outside with him until he goes.
    Most dogs will go straight after a meal or when they get up in the morning so you need to be aware of this and try and catch him before he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Go back to absolute basics and crate train him from scratch. There are dozens of threads on here on crate/house training if you do a search for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

mmm I have a 3 year old bichon who on occasion pees and poops in my house?She was trained the same as my 2 boxers and all of my fosters and strays and yet will still do it?She is a very strange likkle dog indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Bichons are notoriously hard to toilet train, my friend has one and had problems also. There was a thread a good while ago specifically about a bichon with similar issues.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=133168

Read my second post on page 2, this is what worked for my friends fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Thanks was begining to think it was me or that she was mad or something:Dsmall dogs are so much harder than big ole slobs IMHO of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

best thing you can do is leave him out until he goes for a dump. watch him out the window. as soon as you see him going, go straight out with a treat and give it to him as he's going. then bring him in. sounds retarded but my pitbull used do the same and at 1 year old was still doing it. so i did what i explained above and in about a week he was on the money. now i just say go toilet and they jump out of bed, i leave them out and they dump on and straight back in again!

Advertisement