Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a wee list...

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

A few of us are putting together an online related event later on this year in Balbriggan and I'm looking to compile a list of who is online in NCD: bloggers, on twiter, companies using facebook or other tools, good local websites etc.

So, all pointers in the right direction truly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Does the subject matter of the blog have to be NCD? Or is it just the location of the blogger that's of interest?

Our local resident's association has a blog site: www.bremorecastle.com

I've also got a personal blog on motherhood - but not sure if that's what you are looking for.

And my husband runs his web design business from NCD, but again, not sure if that's what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

A bit more elaboration: We're looking to have an (hopefully free) online event in September, embracing 2 groups: local SME's and bloggers/twittereres/photographers/foodies.

SME would be a seminar on online strategies, the other would be workshops on photo/foodblogging, with a few lectures in the morning.

Ideally, we're hoping to ensure that local people can get a spot before any of the townies get word of it, if you know what I mean.

So location wise: either people who blog about whatever, but are based in NCD, or publications that feature NCD but are run from elsewhere. Basicly, anyone with some interest in Innovation in NCD.

Mostly, we wonna get a good idea of which companies are around, and how they could benefit from the event. I'm sure the Chamber of Commernce has lists too, so I will also be talking to them.

Any other advice on what people think could be interesting at the event, is also appreciated, as we had our first meeting yesterday and a broad plan has been made.

Ok, sounds great. Well in that case, put me down as a blogger in the area. My blog site is www.mama.ie.

Oh and I'm on twitter as mamadotie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Rush Community Council should be able to give you information on the companies around Rush.

www.rushneedsyou.com might be a place to have a peek (Via facebook)

• Advertisement
Advertisement