Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Images Of Leixlip / Carton House in Snow (C&C)

• 06-01-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate some C&C

142142.jpg

142143.jpg

142144.jpg

142145.jpg

142146.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

It would be good if you could embed them. You'll have to host them somewhere like flickr, photobucket etc. first.

And the watermark is ruining them, something small in the corner would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

daycent wrote: »
    It would be good if you could embed them. You'll have to host them somewhere like flickr, photobucket etc. first.

And the watermark is ruining them, something small in the corner would be better.

You don't have to host them somewhere else to embed them, just click on the attachment, and copy the link into an image code bracket. Like so

142142.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It is hard to give C&C when you have not said why you are seeking it. The intrusive water mark also makes it harder to analyse as it keeps drawing the eye as a major distraction.

Out of the set here, I find the first image of the bride being carried over the snow the strongest. The mist adds a nice mood here and the people have space to walk into. On my monitor (uncalibrated at work) it looks like the dynamic range is a problem with a lack of detail in the snow as well as the dark suits. I would say that there was probably detail there to bring back from your RAW data but your PP has not done this.

The lads on the sleds is a bit small in the frame and for this to work there needs to be more detail in the snow rather than it just being a void. Up close it could have been a good action shot but like this is more a family snap.

The Bushes & Reflections is pleasant enough but I am not sure what the subject here is meant to be. My eye jumps all over the frame and does not settle. There is a lack of a line to follow through the frame.

The house by the water has a nice mood about it but, looking through the watermark, it seems like a dodge tool has been used directly on the image without much finesse. To my eye the PP is too prominent here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

The big watermark across the middle is a huge turn off for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

pretty much what cabansail said.

the kids sleding ....distracting rock on top right of pic....too much unsharp mask on the two kids (its too obvious...even without looking at a large version of the pic)

the last pic just looks like an image of a building - with the eraser tool used to try make a frame ...and the building does not look level.

watermark aside - because everyone thinks the watermark is a bit much...it distracts from the images too much.

EDIT: Motion blur in the first image (guy on left's legs) ... which isnt necessarily bad... and something about the bride's feet/legs which suggests something is wrong..... they look over processed.... might be the watermark getting in the way - I cant tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

All
    Thanks for the C&C. I take the point re the watermark.
    I am not 100% sure how to embed them but I will try a few more to see how its done.
    I appreciate the C&C>

Fitzerb wrote: »
    All
    Thanks for the C&C. I take the point re the watermark.
    I am not 100% sure how to embed them but I will try a few more to see how its done.
    I appreciate the C&C>

Test

[HTML]Memories of a Dublin Tenament.jpg [/HTML]

You don't have to host them somewhere else to embed them, just click on the attachment, and copy the link into an image code bracket. Like so

142142.jpg
    Hoping you can help I am new to this. Where do I find image code brackets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

when you click into the attachment it opens up a window. Copy the web address and put it between [ IMG] [/ IMG]

e.g 142256.jpg

I think thats how you do it. Without the spaces.

newattachment.php?t=2056138245&poststarttime=1294357321&posthash=56364376b4f7ae935d3af4ec53489bea[IMG][/img]

142265.jpg

don't use capital letter in the img part

Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Okay, here's how you do it.

Click on your attachments, for example your bike man, and copy the address.

142278.jpg

Then, go to post in a thread, and press the insert image button

142279.jpg

A screen will pop up, paste the address into it and press okay
    142280.jpg

And there you have it! Click reply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It is highly recommended that you host images on another site and then just hot link them here.

My preference is Pix.ie as it easy and user friendly. Then you just need to copy the BBCode from there at the correct size to post here.

Other sites which are popular are Flickr and Photobucket.

Advertisement