Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sugestions on fun things/hobbies to do in westport?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am moving to westport and I am just wondering is there any good clubs/societies to join in the area in order to get to know people. Any good gyms in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Dont know about gyms but if you like golf Westport Golf Club is a really nice course with some fabulous scenery.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cycling club Westport Wheelers, new triathlon club setup. Plenty of fitness and boot camps.
    Also good few good gyms.
    Athletics club, soccer club.

Then the photography club is there, hill walkers, I am sure there are more.

Maybe buy the Mayo News and scan it to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    Cycling club Westport Wheelers, new triathlon club setup. Plenty of fitness and boot camps.
    Also good few good gyms.
    Athletics club, soccer club.

Then the photography club is there, hill walkers, I am sure there are more.

Maybe buy the Mayo News and scan it to see.

i think westport has a good tag rug by setup as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

gyms and swimming pools : public facility at Westport Leisure Centre. Also facilities at Hotel Westport, Castlecourt, Atlantic Carlton.

Sailing CLub: very active during season - Racing each Thursday evening. Show up and you are likely to be p ressganged as crew,

Glenans - if you need an intensive sailing course, these are available at Glenans COllanmore base, just across from sailing club.

Trips to Clare Island, Inishturk, Inish boffin worhtwhile.

Walking cycling and outdoors generally - beaches, mountains and hills in profusion. Walkway/cycleway Mulranny to Newport already open, currently being extended to go from Westport right thru to Achill.

Good pubs and restaurants

enjoy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement