Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I know the re scheduled exams are the 17th & 18th & I would have imagined that results will be delayed as a result, but when will they let us know if they are being released on the 19th or not, anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    I know the re scheduled exams are the 17th & 18th & I would have imagined that results will be delayed as a result, but when will they let us know if they are being released on the 19th or not, anyone know?

I don't know if there has been any communication from UCD on the issue yet. I'd imagine that the provisional results for the exams you sat before Christmas will be released on the 19th and the results for the exams you will sit on the 17/18th will be released about 2 weeks later at the latest. However this is merely speculative.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

mumtoe&e wrote: »

According to the email received with the revised exam dates:

"The revised dates for both provisional and final results for all Semester 1 modules will be posted on this website in early January. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Provisional results Feb 4th.

UCD Page

I wonder is that just for people who have to sit one of the postponed exams or is that for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Provisional results Feb 4th.

UCD Page

I wonder is that just for people who have to sit one of the postponed exams or is that for everyone?

I was thinking that as well. I'd guess its for everyone, UCD like everything to be homogenised.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I was thinking that as well. I'd guess its for everyone, UCD like everything to be homogenised.

I posted a message on the UCD Registry facebook page, and from the reply I got I am thinking all results will be released on the 4th Feb, not just the ones relating to the postponed exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Thats bollocks! Especially for those of us that were made do all our exams as scheduled despite the snow. For my last exam,the 17 didn't come (surprise surprise :rolleyes:) and I had to get the 75 to Stillorgan, then the 46a to Donnybrook and then walk up on the slippery footpath to the RDS, rather than getting the 17 to UCD and the shuttle bus to the RDS. The stress of that. It took me an hour and a half to get to the exams because of the weather, and I barely mad it, despite the fact that I got the earliest bus. And after us having completed all of our exams as scheduled, they have the fecking cheek not to publish our results as scheduled despite the fact that we fulfilled our obligation to complete our exams in that terrible weather. The cheek of it . :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

WeeBushy wrote: »
    UCD like everything to be homogenised.

This is pretty much the impression ive always had too which, as Rothmans says, is complete rubbish. I understand them needing to hold off for people who did a late exam so that they get theres all in one go but for those of us who completed the exams weeks ago this is some bull****, i would imagine they have ours completely corrected anyway they could do us a favour and throw them up at the originally published date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

dr gonzo wrote: »
    This is pretty much the impression ive always had too which, as Rothmans says, is complete rubbish. I understand them needing to hold off for people who did a late exam so that they get theres all in one go but for those of us who completed the exams weeks ago this is some bull****, i would imagine they have ours completely corrected anyway they could do us a favour and throw them up at the originally published date.

I agree.

Maybe it is extra hassle for them, or they think it will give students an unfair advantage by knowing their results earlier than, thus affecting module choices... I dunno. Just speculating really.

I've never been one to be fussed about what my result is, and it wont affect any choices I make, so I'm in the lucky position of not particularly caring. But it must be difficult/annoying for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Looks like it's going to be the 4th of February
    Semester 2 Module Registration (posted 7 January 2011)
    Online registration opened on Thursday, 6 January and will initially close on Friday, 28 January at 5pm. Following the release of provisional result on Friday, 4 February it will re-open on the morning of Tuesday, 8 February and will close on Friday, 11 February at 5pm.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/registration.html

Sickened!!

Advertisement