Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightscribe - yay or nay

• 06-01-2011 2:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Alright lads. I'm thinking of investing in an external lighscribe dvd burner. Do any of you use one? What are the pros and cons? If I do purchase I'll probably buy a HP one and use Verbatim media. Any thoughts on that combo? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Nay ive got loads of them in almost evry laptop ive got i think you are better of to just use a cd marker or what ive got now is a label maker works great as lightscribe discs cost more then normal ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Nay ive got loads of them in almost evry laptop ive got i think you are better of to just use a cd marker or what ive got now is a label maker works great as lightscribe discs cost more then normal ones.

I design all my own stuff so a marker is a non-starter. I've been using avery labels for ages and while they're good they start to peel off around the edges after a while. I want my stuff to look more professional. Tis a tough call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I guess if it is for your own stuff and you wanted to have a professional look to the Dvd or CD then lightscribe is great and i say go for it.
    If it had been for just backing up your moveies and games etc i would not bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I use lightscribe quite a bit. I generally pick up the verbatim disks from oltech.ie as they're good value.

I guess if it is for your own stuff and you wanted to have a professional look to the Dvd or CD then lightscribe is great and i say go for it.
    If it had been for just backing up your moveies and games etc i would not bother

Yeah I make me own music compilations etc. and get very particular over the whole thing hahahaha.

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I use lightscribe quite a bit. I generally pick up the verbatim disks from oltech.ie as they're good value.

Thanks for the link :D I was having a gander on discs.ie earlier but all their Verbatim stuff is out of stock. I read somewhere that lightscribe stuff can rub off quite easily...is that true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

What about printable media and a dvd/cd inkjet printer?

What about printable media and a dvd/cd inkjet printer?

Some friends of mine use that method. It's ok. Anyway I went ahead and ordered the lightscribe stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

nay, discs are a waste of time and money

Advertisement