Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

There's only one essay to do though half way through the semester!!

Yes but you should be reading every week to know how to do the essay. You can't just magic the understanding of the module out of thin air when you are doing the essay.

The majority of the time, doing arts=lots of reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Yes but you should be reading every week to know how to do the essay. You can't just magic the understanding of the module out of thin air when you are doing the essay.

The majority of the time, doing arts=lots of reading

Sounds a little bit like the history research project I did for the Leaving Cert except longer. FUN! (Coincidentally I also did it on US history)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

I'm trying to register for a module but it clashes with a tutorial. It won't let me swap the tutorial :mad:

I rang the science programme office this morning but I got voicemail and left a message at about half ten. Haven't heard back. This is such a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

This registration bizz is a pile of poo!! there's nothing available!
    Anyway.. I just dropped origins of World War 1 (history) if anyone was looking to get into it!
    Cant see why you honestly would tho haha!
    If anyone drops a 2nd year history option module will ya post here so by any chance I can fly on an rob it!
    thaaanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

I'm a radiography student mature, 1st year. Dropped intro to comp programming 2 (or comp programming for radiography 2 as it's known for us).

Was hoping to get a Nursing elective but it seems they aren't available for electives.

Looking at BMOL10020 'The Science of human Disease' atm.

Anyway have any recommendations?

I honestly dont give a **** about electives. I wish you could drop them altogether. I did a BA in UCD before so might apply for 'accreditation of prior learning' which can get you out of doing electives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I honestly dont give a **** about electives. I wish you could drop them altogether. I did a BA in UCD before so might apply for 'accreditation of prior learning' which can get you out of doing electives.

Are in-programme electives available for your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Are in-programme electives available for your course?

no, only comp programming which is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

McNuggy10 wrote: »
    Anyway.. I just dropped origins of World War 1 (history) if anyone was looking to get into it!

If only I'd seen this sooner :( Devastated...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

kkumk wrote: »
    If only I'd seen this sooner :( Devastated...

I'm trying to get out of it too. Will let you know if I manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

Looking at BMOL10020 'The Science of human Disease' atm.

Anyway have any recommendations?

I did a module called intro to Biochem and Molec Biol and the module coordinator is the coordinator for the 'science of human disease' one.

She was brilliant, simple as. Enjoyed the module so much. If the layout is anything similar, its defo worth doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

I'm trying to get out of it too. Will let you know if I manage it.

LittleFriend if your looking to drop origins of WW1 go into electives and search "in programme" theres a level 2 option cuming up with one place in it called British Empire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

McNuggy10 wrote: »
    LittleFriend if your looking to drop origins of WW1 go into electives and search "in programme" theres a level 2 option cuming up with one place in it called British Empire!!

Thanks so much! I got it and it makes my life so much easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

I just dropped Modern Germany History as an elective if anyone wants it :)

Advertisement