Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why Can't We All Just Move To Africa And Start Again?

• 06-01-2011 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Think about it.

This island is getting too crowded. If we had special immigration partners like Australia and Singapore, we could all get on a plane to some country in Africa and build New Dublin. Hopefully, the Fianna Fail and church fookers wouldn't follow us and we'd be able to start afresh in the warm climate.

Sound good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Did you just post that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Caribbean ftw.
    If I were going to go to the Carribean to live, I'd rather not bring all you cunts with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

I get a tan from a fluorescent light. There's your reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Caribbean ftw.
    If I were going to go to the Carribean to live, I'd rather not bring all you cunts with me.

I don't think the Caribbean is big enough to take all our tossers.

Caribbean ftw.

The Caribbean is in Central America not Africa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Bollocks to Africa.

I like Dublin the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

FatRat wrote: »
    Eh.

FatRat wrote: »

Pretty sure it's not dude. Do your research imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Because people already live there.

colonialism was so 2 centuries ago

Pretty sure it's not dude. Do your research imo.

Sorry. My mistake. :(

It's in North America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Because moving back to Africa would be doing the exact opposite of what happened a few hundred thousand/millions of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Do you not think that Africa has enough problems without inflicting four million paddies on them. Besides, we'd die from a combination of exposure to the sun and extra strong Guinness within a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Caribbean ftw.

Yeah whatever

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Because moving back to Africa would be doing the exact opposite of what happened a few hundred thousand/millions of years ago.

Yeah, but we haven't evolved a day since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Think about it.

This island is getting too crowded. If we had special immigration partners like Australia and Singapore, we could all get on a plane to some country in Africa and build New Dublin. Hopefully, the Fianna Fail and church fookers wouldn't follow us and we'd be able to start afresh in the warm climate.

Sound good?

Africa is already too crowded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Think about it.

Sound good?

The island of Dublin?? :confused:..Off you pop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

Think about it.

Sound good?
    As population densities go, we are not very crowded at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Well, i'm freezin so something's gonna have to be done. Maybe not Africa though, i dont like creepy crawlies too much. What about France?
    They need some immigrants now that the Roma have got the boot...:pac:

The majority of countries in Africa have a lower population density.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_population_density

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

Yes, but by European standards we have quite a low density.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yes, but by European standards we have quite a low density.

Overpopulation is not our problem, our problems are greed, stupidity and addiction to idleness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Thats because all those countries are either inhospitable desert of Savannah plains which are all protected to stop humans from killing any more animals and making any more species become extinct.

I found the perfect place - Gambia will now be known as New Eire.

The location isn't too bad; it's not too far south. Beautiful beaches, warm climate and best of all, no scumbags. Banjul will now be known as New Dublin - it has a nice ring to it but just in case someone takes offence - our new capital will be called DubJul.

Obviously moving there will not be without it's complications. First, we must fly all the Gambians over here so we can move there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Eh, Guys, last time I checked Africa was a bit of a shit hole, to put it mildly.

andrew wrote: »
    Eh, Guys, last time I checked Africa was a bit of a shit hole, to put it mildly.

What makes it any different than here then? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I found the perfect place - Gambia will now be known as New Eire.

The location isn't too bad; it's not too far south. Beautiful beaches, warm climate and best of all, no scumbags. Banjul will now be known as New Dublin - it has a nice ring to it but just in case someone takes offence - our new capital will be called DubJul.

Obviously moving there will not be without it's complications. First, we must fly all the Gambians over here so we can move there.

Wanna start gathering up the army then?
    Ireland could start a whole new phase of colonialism. Then once we've gathered enough wealth and resources and after a few genocide, invade and colonialise UK and call it even!??... Then could also have boards outside our homes saying "feck off brits!"....

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

if the film 2012 is anything to go by, we will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

What makes it any different than here then? :confused:

I think 'someone' wants to leave Ireland,but he's afraid to tell future wife! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I hear Greenland is pretty empty at this time of year. if they left the key under the mat for emergencies we could all just go there and squat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

I don't think the Caribbean is big enough to take all our tossers.

Besides, it's nearly full with Denis O'Brien's 'yes master' bitches.

ArseBurger wrote: »
    Besides, it's nearly full with Denis O'Brien's 'yes master' bitches.

Sounds wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

We aren't remotely overcrowded, the opposite in fact, we've got thousands and thousands of empty houses, and produce way more food than we ever use. why would we want to move to a continent that suffers from loads of things we don't, like drought, locusts, more disease etc??? and anglo irish would surely follow us there as well . :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We'll just move from one place run by crooks, to another place run by crooks with guns. I can see no problem, let's Thomas Cook it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Can imagine us all landing in Africa, would be great promo for fianna fail

''Look around lads, and you thought we fcuked up after the British left''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Think about it.

Sound good?

Ask the British, French, Portugese, Germans and the Dutch how that worked out for them....
    We aren't remotely overcrowded, the opposite in fact, we've got thousands and thousands of empty houses, and produce way more food than we ever use. why would we want to move to a continent that suffers from loads of things we don't, like drought, locusts, more disease etc??? and anglo irish would surely follow us there as well .

True enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_population_density

We're 144th out of 239 countries. You could say we're s*** at being densely populated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You first.

We'll all follow you later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Greenland is icy and Iceland is greeny.
    Who'd a thunk it!!

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Who'd a thunk it!!

And sometimes they're both icy and greeny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Who'd a thunk it!!

You'll find Lapland a massive disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've already a goat over there, so I've a head start

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    I've already a goat over there, so I've a head start

Not after the barbecue you haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Think about it.

You don't really take your own advice do you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

When is this exodus happening, I need to pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

orourkeda wrote: »
    Bollocks to Africa.

I like Dublin the way it is.

I don't, there's too many bloody Africans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/article.php?id=249

INTERPOL has launched an investigation after the island of Ireland fled the west coast of Europe yesterday evening shortly after receiving a 'considerable sum' of money from the European Central Bank (ECB).

Formed by large glaciers and a very harsh climate more than 10 thousand years ago, Ireland is the third largest island in Europe and the twentieth-largest island in the world.

Today it is home to more than 6.5 million people and has made the news lately for its struggling economy and moronic government.

The IMF, Interpol, the UK and the ECB have all launched an investigation after the country just 'Got up and Left' following a large transfer of European funds from the main central bank in Frankfurt, Germany.

The Irish government is understood to have cut off all communications to the continent early yesterday morning.

The European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, Olli Rehn, said today that he has tried on numerous occasions to get in contact with the Irish Taoiseach.

He said: "I have been ringing all morning. At first the phone would just ring out. Then it would ring for two or three times and stop, like he just rejected the call. Now all I'm getting is his stupid voicemail. I think his phone is off. I know he doesn't like answering private numbers but this is ridiculous.

"I have also tried Brian Lenihan's office. They just keep telling me he's out and that he left his mobile there so there's no point in ringing it."
    :pac:

walshb wrote: »
    I don't, there's too many bloody Africans!

I thought you loved being a part of a multi-racial society?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I thought you loved being a part of a multi-racial society?:confused:

Jeez, I don't know what gave you that idea.

And, why would someone thank a question? Nodin!

walshb wrote: »
    Jeez, I don't know what gave you that idea.

Absolutely nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

While i tend to complain about the Irish climate frequently enough, i don't hate it enough that i would ever want to move to Africa! I burn easily too which doesn't help matters :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

RichieC wrote: »

I love the way we are in the middle of the gulf over all its lovely oil!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement