Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Investigation

Options
  • 06-01-2011 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I am thinking of organising a paranormal investigation for individuals and I am looking to gauge interest of who would be up for something like this. Essentially it wont be lead by anyone. Everyone who attends will be doing so as an individual and will bring their own equipment and conduct their own experiments.

The only difference is that everyone will be in the one room at the same time working together to get their own individual readings.

These things dont really happen anymore now that teams lead open investigations but before teams this was the way it was always done. Here is one from 2006.

So if there is about 6-8 people from here who are interested as individuals to come along, meet some people, talk about the paranormal, ghosthunt and have a laugh then I will make some calls and get us a location.

Best
    G

I forgot to add a poll, could a moderator insert a public poll with a yes and no option.

I would be interested in attending an open investigation 14 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    CorkMan[Deleted User]hellboy99triskelldollydishmopgirl_fridaysambuka41UrizenMrMojoRisintomplayaSasquatch76Ruth KPS1000midgetscherryrowe 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Have you a place in mind?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ill add your poll tomorrow Grimes, m.boards at the mo. Good luck with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

No
    Once it's not in January count me in G!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Sure, I'd be interested depending when it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

No
    I'd be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey guys probably Ross Castle because its Most Possibly Haunted, its warm,there are beds and a full Irish breakfast. As I said if there is about 6-8 people interested than super.
    Thanks for the poll Oryx

shadow.jpg

youre most welcome :)

I cant give time to this kind of trip at the moment, and Grimes I doubt youd want 'my type' there influencing everyone. :D Always wanted to visit Ross Castle tho, because its been mentioned here so much. Perhaps one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cherryrowe

No
    Yeah count me in alright, never been to Ross castle and heard a lot about it.. sounds good

- Dena

Was in Ross Castle last night and heading there tomorrow night. Great that there is so much interest. Ill sort something out tomorrow. Thanks folks.
    Oryx wrote: »
    Grimes I doubt youd want 'my type' there influencing everyone.

Ha, just had a crazy image of sitting on the porch with a shotgun and strawhat, "we dont take kindly to your type round'ere". :D.

Careful, you in cajun country now, boy. You know what I meant tho :)

When you say people bring their own equipment and do their own thing, what do you mean? Recorders, emf and the like?

• Advertisement

No
    What if we have no equipment? Can we still come?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

No
    Grimes wrote: »
    Hey guys probably Ross Castle because its Most Possibly Haunted, its warm,there are beds and a full Irish breakfast. As I said if there is about 6-8 people interested than super.
    Thanks for the poll Oryx

shadow.jpg

Oh, that's cool. I've never been to Ross Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

No
    What if we have no equipment? Can we still come?

I suppose 'equipment' would mean a digital camera, video recorder, a flashlight or a dictaphone. Maybe a digital thermometer would come in handy, too.

I suppose it might depend on what people prefer to use to investigate the paranormal. I've heard of some paranormal investigators steering clear of things like EMF meters, radon counters, motion sensors and all that because they don't have any faith in them; like, they don't reckon a 'ghost' can be picked up using them because of a deviation in radon count or whatever else. They think it's bogus. In a way, I do agree but to each their own in that regard...

Bring yourself Torch and Video Camera.

Woo .. lots of interest. Well ill book the place for a Saturday in Feb and put up all the details here soon (including what equipment you should bring!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Woo .. lots of interest. Well ill book the place for a Saturday in Feb and put up all the details here soon (including what equipment you should bring!!)
    Ah damn, Feb, It'll be at least the end of March, beginning of April before I'm able or can afford to go.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

No
    Im booked up every weekend in Feb! :(

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

No
    I'm interested

Okay Ill book this for a night next month or so. But ya'll better not leave me hanging because if I book it for ten I have to pay for ten and if I end up going on my own thats a hell of an expensive night! :D

Just let me say that equipment wise I will be bringing my Canon DSLR a torch and a notebook, thats all I need. If you want to bring an EMF meter or a nuclear powered electro magnetometer thats your call!

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Okay Ill book this for a night next month or so. But ya'll better not leave me hanging because if I book it for ten I have to pay for ten and if I end up going on my own thats a hell of an expensive night! :D

Just let me say that equipment wise I will be bringing my Canon DSLR a torch and a notebook, thats all I need. If you want to bring an EMF meter or a nuclear powered electro magnetometer thats your call!

G

Mine's in the post!

Nah srsly folks, I'll have to decline this one I'm afraid Grimes. Was more expecting a day trip to somewhere nearby, not an overnight trip to Meath -- bit pricey! Will keep an eye open for future ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 decko b

Hi all.
    I was thinking about starting a paranormal group also so i would be intrested in joining your group,where are you based as i am based outside kilcullen kildare

decko b wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I was thinking about starting a paranormal group also so i would be intrested in joining your group,where are you based as i am based outside kilcullen kildare

This is not a group, just a few people going investigating together. But you are more than welcome to come along and have a go at paranormal investigation.

It looks like this will be on Saturday 19th Feb. As soon as hear back from the castle I will start a thread with all the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 weeda

HI! So, did you guys get this together? sounds good.

Advertisement