Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print Spot colour onto a solid

Options
  • 06-01-2011 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey folks, got a printing problem here. have a file set up in Illustrator, and the guy wants the background set as a rich black (no problems there) but he wants the background as a solid and then a spot colour printed on top of this (if that makes sense). So on the two plates for the background it should be a solid block instead of with the outline for where the spot goes. Sorry I'm probably explaining it arseways here, I just haven't come across this before and was wondering how to set it up in Illy :confused: Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Set the fill to overprint should work, but I'm not sure how it will look over rich black...?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Thanks a million I knew it was something like that, just couldnt dig it up from my sleepy brain :). As to printing over the rich black, I know what you mean, but he is adamant its what he wants, ah well, their money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I suppose it will just give a different finish, like a spot varnish or something.

Advertisement