Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Speed Increases in Dundalk

Options
  • 06-01-2011 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently with Vodafone and well I am very unhappy with their very poor Customer service amongst other things and I am looking at returning to Eircom.

A Few questions :

1.) I am in the Dundalk area but still seem to only get a max of 8MB on my line, does eircom upgrade lines constantly or am I stuck with this ?

2.) Will the Dundalk Exchange be upgraded to 24MB and if so does this filter down to the induvidual lines or again is this line dependant.

3.) Like Digiweb/Smart and Vodafone, do you offer packages that included National/Local and UK landlines yet as I cant find anything on your site.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Salvation wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently with Vodafone and well I am very unhappy with their very poor Customer service amongst other things and I am looking at returning to Eircom.

A Few questions :

1.) I am in the Dundalk area but still seem to only get a max of 8MB on my line, does eircom upgrade lines constantly or am I stuck with this ?

2.) Will the Dundalk Exchange be upgraded to 24MB and if so does this filter down to the induvidual lines or again is this line dependant.

3.) Like Digiweb/Smart and Vodafone, do you offer packages that included National/Local and UK landlines yet as I cant find anything on your site.

Thanks

Hi Salvation
    If you PM me your line no I can see which exchange you are on (there may be more than one exchange covering Dundalk area) and let you know of any upgrades.
    Once exchange is upgraded anyone served should from that exchange be able to receive this service, however speeds can depend on line quality to premises and also on distance from exchange. Again I can check this when I receive your no.

Unfortunately the only call packages 'bundled' with eircom Broadband are
    the off peak package Talktime Chatter and the Anyti
    me calls Talktime. We had very little demand for 'bundled' international or even bundled UK packages with Broadband.

These links will take you to the available Broadband packages

http://bit.ly/dpaELj and available Talktime packages http://bit.ly/gc3AeJ

Will get back to you with exchange info once I receive your line no.

Hope this helps:)

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5 calden

Hi Tony

If possible can you find out if there are any plans to upgrade the Dundalk Blackrock exchange to a 24mb one in the near future?

coverage.png

Regards
    Calden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

calden wrote: »
    Hi Tony

If possible can you find out if there are any plans to upgrade the Dundalk Blackrock exchange to a 24mb one in the near future?

coverage.png

Regards
    Calden

Hi Calden

I'm afraid there is no indication as to when or if 24mb will be available in the Dundalk Blackrock exchange. I have tested a couple of neighbours lines in this exchange and maximum capability speeds are ranging from 1-7mbs. This is due to the distance from the exchange and it is unfortunately a physical restriction that we can't really change. Telephone lines are not laid in direct line of sight so the distance that the broadband signal may have to travel can be further than expected. However If your line eventually qualifies for a higher speed our sales agents will notify you of this either by phone or by post.

Regards

Linda

Advertisement