Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming Irish Matches on RTE Outside of Ireland

• 06-01-2011 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi,

Based in the England and am having awful trouble trying to stream RTE so that I will be able to watch Irish matches. The RTE website doesn't let you use the Live Player function if you are based outside of the 32 counties.

There's a couple of old threads on this that are outdated and no use to me.

Question is how do fellow Boardsies based outside Ireland stream RTE Irish matches?

I would greatly appreciate ant help in this matter!

[Mods hope this is suitable for the Soccer forum. If not feel free to move and apologies. Have also put a thread up about the same topic on the Nets and Comm forum. Hoping the Soccer heads would give me a quick and simple way of helping me out]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

conor678 wrote: »
    Hi,

Based in the England and am having awful trouble trying to stream RTE so that I will be able to watch Irish matches. The RTE website doesn't let you use the Live Player function if you are based outside of the 32 counties.

There's a couple of old threads on this that are outdated and no use to me.

Question is how do fellow Boardsies based outside Ireland stream RTE Irish matches?

I would greatly appreciate ant help in this matter!

[Mods hope this is suitable for the Soccer forum. If not feel free to move and apologies. Have also put a thread up about the same topic on the Nets and Comm forum. Hoping the Soccer heads would give me a quick and simple way of helping me out]

Think thats illegal m8.... probably against the charter to talk about it

there are alternatives though livescorehunter.com usually has tonnes of streams. Myp2p.eu is also good. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with loads of info

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Apologies. Did not realize that. In fairness I e mailed RTE asking them more or less the same question and even offering to pay an Irish licence fee in order to gain access to Live Player. Waiting on a reply back from them.

Mods, apologies for this. Please feel free to lock this forum if it is against charter rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

M5 wrote: »
    Think thats illegal m8.... probably against the charter to talk about it

there are alternatives though livescorehunter.com usually has tonnes of streams. Myp2p.eu is also good. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with loads of info

So we can post streams for English matches but cant for irish matches.

Myp2p usually carries links to all games on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

conor678 wrote: »
    Apologies. Did not realize that. In fairness I e mailed RTE asking them more or less the same question and even offering to pay an Irish licence fee in order to gain access to Live Player. Waiting on a reply back from them.
    They dont have rights to sell that service outside Ireland.

Advertisement