Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst reality tv shows of all time?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

I was inspired by worst sitcom of all time, thank you poster for your inspiration and for allowing me to basically steal your idea on the interwebs. I will repay you with 'thanks'. ;)

For me the worst reality tv show I ever watched was a show called The Player. The guys in it were some of the biggest douchebags you could ever meet and the whole "game" as they always said, in other words the art of charming a woman was so cheesy! So what are the worst reality shows?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

x factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

"Who's your Daddy!?"

A girl who never met her father in real life is confronted by a panel of men but which one is really her Dad?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I would have to say "Tied to a Bear" and "Mystery Injection".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Irish Dragons Den, watched it last night and its depressing i hate that Sarah one she does my head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah BB is well known and successful. Its the car crash Reality TV shows with a whacky or pointless premise that we want to hear about. :)

Similar to The Player, there was a show on a few years ago called The Pickup Artist. It was hosted by a guy called "Mystery" who was once a shy nerd, but now can pick up any girl he wants (and he had 8 people to train in his 'ways').

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does The Hills and Laguna Beach count even though they were scripted :rolleyes: if they do I'd add them also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I hate that Teen Mom crap, too many shows to mention really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Has anyone seen "the only way is Essex" :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

"There's Something About Myriam" ..... car-crash TV at its finest, particularly the conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

WTF?

No mention of Fade Street? I know its a 'reality' show but....

Anyway, I vote for.......FADE STREET!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 greyan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Big Brother

I think you are totally sick man.... How can you say that Big Brother is worst reality TV show. Millions of fans are crazy to watch this show as including me. My whole family love to watch Big Brother episodes. Big Brother 12 is brilliant season I have ever seen. You know in this show we can see, how the celebrities face many social problems. It's not easy, to stay in one house 100 days without any interaction with outside world. It's too difficult....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Irelands Got Talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Any reality show made by RTE probably has a good case. Special mention to Celebrity Farm and Celebrity Jigs and Reels. Further evidence that the licence fee is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

chucken1 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen "the only way is Essex" :eek:

Complete car crash show.

Can't stop myself from watching it.

Does anyone remember the Irish Surviour type show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Treasure Island. What a load of muck that was. I was in first year college when I met the first winner in the college bar one day. He was telling me how he was spending the winnings on a new milking parlour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Treasure Island. What a load of muck that was. I was in first year college when I met the first winner in the college bar one day. He was telling me how he was spending the winnings on a new milking parlour

Who won it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

All of them.

Why is it called reality TV when clearly none of it is real?
    Simply by having a selection process and auditions negates the reality part, from that point on it's performing.

Anyway - it's all trite
    You like BB ?- go look in your neighbors window.
    X-factor? Opportunity Knocks dragged out to fill a time slot and to get their hands on your money when you text vote.

I can't understand how this drivel is so popular, are the general masses so ignorant and stupid that they put up with this inane slop packaged as entertainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

hiscan wrote: »
    Irelands Got Talent

I'm assuming you're envisioning this as it doen't actually exist. They'd need to double the licence fee to afford the format.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That sailing around Ireland thing was some hape of sheite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

seanybiker wrote: »

Didn't they end up wrecking the boat on some rocks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Well the temptation would be to say The X Factor or I'm A Celeb since I hate Simon Cowell and the overall show (it's all fixed) and I don't how ITV get away with including ''celebrity'' in the title. However, ratings prove otherwise.

For me, no reality show will ever match the mighty Big Brother.

But for the worst, it has to be Ireland's Got Talent, poor production values, cheap looking and thinks it's much better than it actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does The Hills and Laguna Beach count even though they were scripted :rolleyes:
    telekon wrote: »
    No mention of Fade Street?
    how about home and away and fair city aswell??

(actually scratch that, i like home and away)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

calex71 wrote: »

they did but they end up been thrown onto another boat. The show was on for only a few weeks but it felt like years at the end only one of the main cast was left as they threw on many stand bys it sort of ruin it.

seanybiker wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_Fever_(TV_series)

Cabin fever it was called

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

"Date my mom" or "made"...Shocking shocking tv...

Who won it again?

Yvonne Croin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah i remember that ****e! pitty they didnt all go down with it:pac:

What actually happened to the guy who owned the boat? ie. compensation? Id imagine it would have been worth more than a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

This was a show that was on in the U.S. when i was living there a few years ago. Utter tripe.

Advertisement