Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest license yet for me.

Options
  • 06-01-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

I can't believe it the letter for payment came in the post today. That's the fastest yet. Put in on the 22nd of December so that's only a few days if you take out all the holiday days.

Happy days ahead. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

A new licence or amendment ??? Either way .. thats fast !!

Still waiting for an amendment that I put in early december :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Nice one clivej - That was quick.
    Enjoy your new shotty!
    dC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

A new licence or amendment ??? Either way .. thats fast !!

Still waiting for an amendment that I put in early december :(:(

New license :D
    dCorbus wrote: »
    Nice one clivej - That was quick.
    Enjoy your new shotty!
    dC

Thanks A
    Off to post the payment letter now. Should have the Beretta Urika in hand next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

We'd better warn the rabbit population of south leinster to leave soon so!
    Wear well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭lamper35

nice one clive ..ill be keepin an eye on the post for my one ..put in same time as u...enjoy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

congrats clive safe shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Nice one Clive, I have nothing but good experiences with Beretta semi auto shotguns so enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Put mine in early december and no word yet. Clive do you know somebody in the know?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

hey clive put mine in the 23,no sign of it yet,the last time iput a new one in it took 8-9weeks just to leave the local station to go to the main station before going to dublin!hope this one arrives tomorrow,wont hold my breath though!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

Put mine (new shotgun application) in last October! Already have a rifle and was checked over during the summer (six months from 'renewal' app to grant). Was told today the grant letter should arrive tomorrow. You lads don't know you're born!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

was that in kilkenny station i just left in a sub on wed night cant wait to get my new shotty anyone any idea how long a sub takes under the new system oh ye enjoy your new gun

snipe02 wrote: »
    was that in kilkenny station i just left in a sub on wed night cant wait to get my new shotty anyone any idea how long a sub takes under the new system oh ye enjoy your new gun

It took me one working day for a sub. Applied on wednesday I had the sub license on the Friday. It will depend on when the FO is in and that's Sunday and Wednesday evenings only

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

DJandDeid wrote: »
    Put mine (new shotgun application) in last October! Already have a rifle and was checked over during the summer (six months from 'renewal' app to grant). Was told today the grant letter should arrive tomorrow. You lads don't know you're born!:D
    f n didn't arrive!! Doing my head in slightly at mo! Probably put only half my address on the letter (again)

ye she put it straight through wed night and sent bit straight to dub just on my way to check the post now fingers crossed im asa lucky as you just checked no joy the dog is not going to be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

Lads got a licence back for a shotgun in 3 days. Handed it in the 7th of October got it back the 10th of October. Actually thought there was a mistake I was going to say something but sure if its not broke don't fix it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

are ye dealing directly with a big town station?my delay comes in because i have to hand it in to my small local station which then sends it to the town station!this causes a huge delay!anyway congrats lads at least things are looking up maybe this will spread to all the other stations!

bazza888 wrote: »
    are ye dealing directly with a big town station?my delay comes in because i have to hand it in to my small local station which then sends it to the town station!this causes a huge delay!anyway congrats lads at least things are looking up maybe this will spread to all the other stations!

The city station with a FO on duty a couple of times a week. But as aways every new license application must go up to the Super to get signed off.
    Well done KK firearms section and all involved my thanks to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

I'm the same clive, I got a letter saying my firearm application has been recieved and that I'd hear from them within 3 months on the 3rd(monday) and I got the approval/payment letter yesterday(6th) only 3 days, I couldnt believe it:D under the old system I always had to wait three months to the day before I'd get a licence, its like it was approved but they were waiting the 3 months onpurpose before they'd send it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭243Xpress

That gives me hope that i will get out for a shot before the season closes as i
    got a letter saying my firearm application has been recieved and that I'd hear from them within 3 months also today.Waiting for sub licence for a beretta xtrema2 semi auto.

got my sub today put it in wed.. i went straight to gunshop and collected my shotty a second hand lumar scirroco u\o.. my first u\o i have only used s\s up until now will get an hour with it tomorrow hopefully christen it before seasons end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

hey guys newbie here
    put in sub today for a beretta a400 semi auto.
    cant wait:D. anybody got any experience wit da a400

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Xplor.er wrote: »
    hey guys newbie here

Looks gorgeous. Let us know how you get on with it. I'm not a semi-auto guy, but I have to say, I saw that and had a desire to get one immediately.

if it shoots as good as it looks il be a happy man:D. der doesnt seem to be many people in ireland dat has dem. dont no if dats a good or bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Xplor.er wrote: »
    hey guys newbie here

Being from Beretta I'm sure it will be a great gun. They have been doing this for 500 years and don't screw up to often.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dbroe333

I send mine in saturday and got it today so four days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Getting my benelli tomorrow after 5 weeks, cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭243Xpress

Yeah got mine Tuesday,put it in on the 24th Dec 2010.Pretty fast.

got my sub lisence today for beretta a400. put it in 10th jan so thats pretty quick. have to say it is some gun, couldnt be happier.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Handed the form in for my first license (shotgun) on Jan 7th and both the letter saying application had been received and the grant notice arrived together today!:D

Must say I'm chuffed cos had been reading all the trouble and delays lads on here been going through and had prepared myself to be waiting a long long time.

• Advertisement

Handed the form in for my first license (shotgun) on Jan 7th and both the letter saying application had been received and the grant notice arrived together today!:D

Must say I'm chuffed cos had been reading all the trouble and delays lads on here been going through and had prepared myself to be waiting a long long time.
    nice one ..what type of gun you getting

Advertisement