Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest license yet for me.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Mate of mine is giving me his Warnants single barrell (30") as a kinda of beginners gun for the first year. Its nearly an antique I reckon, he's not even sure how old it is cos he got it 2nd hand from another fella years ago. Anyway its never let him down and is a tough old thing. It will do me till I get some practice in (will have to make do with crows and maggers now season is nearly over) and then will prob upgrade to a side by side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 samfjohnston

I applied for a 1st time rifle license on the 7th Jan (have shotgun license for about 8 years) and got the 2 letters the one day (yesterday). Anyway i went to the post office and handed in my €80. The guy told me my license would come in the post in approx 2 weeks time.
    Have i to wait for another 2 weeks or can i collect my rifle using the receipt from the post office?
    I tried ringing the dealer i bought from to find out but didn't get an answer and the curiousity and excitement is getting the better of me!!

2 weeks??:eek:

It says 7 working days on the grant notice and some of the posters on this forum say they got license 3 days after paying the E80.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Once you have paid the €80 licence fee down the post office, you should recieve your actual FAC in the post within 3 days to one week (this will obviously depend on how fast they print and post the FAC document and how fast your local post office works).
    It says 7 working days on the grant notice

Not on any of mine it didn't - It just said the FAC will "be forwarded directly" to me by post, upon payment of the fee.
    Have i to wait for another 2 weeks

Unless there's a cock-up along the line, it shouldn't take that long in reality. A couple of days and you should have the FAC in your hands. Patience, Glasshopper!;):D
    can i collect my rifle using the receipt from the post office?

No, you must have your FAC. The Grant letter is only that. And your reciept is only that. Together they do not constitute an FAC. You'll have to wait til that comes.

That said, I've heard some lads saying that they have been able to pick up their firearms from their "friendly" RFD on presentation of just the Grant Letter and their Reciept. IMO that's not something I'd do - If stopped, you have no FAC to show and thusly are breaking the law and risking your licences.

Wait out the couple of days with the patience of Job.

Quote:
    It says 7 working days on the grant notice
    Not on any of mine it didn't - It just said the FAC will "be forwarded directly" to me by post, upon payment of the fee.
    dCorbus

In the Manner of Payment section on grant notice it clearly states:

"Allow 7 working days from the day you post your payment until you receive your Firearm Certificate."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

In the Manner of Payment section on grant notice it clearly states:

"Allow 7 working days from the day you post your payment until you receive your Firearm Certificate."

I stand corrected. Thanks for that. Just re-checked. You're correct. I was wrong. Apologies!:o

It does in fact state that you should allow 7 working days.

It pays to re-read the small print

It pays to re-read the small print

Especially when the small print is good news for once!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 samfjohnston

Thanks for the answers! Will just have to wait until next weekend:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Just got my Grant Notice letter for my .270 in todays post, I gave it to the Guard on the 17th, it only took them 8 days, off to the post office now, I might get me a deer before the end of the season!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Probably not a record but I'm well impressed with how quick things got sorted.

Handed in my application to the local station Sat 12th March.
    Got the letter acknowledging receipt from the supers office Wed 16th.
    Letter of approval & payment came Mon 21st.
    License arrived today, 23rd.

Now i just need to be patient & wait for the dealer to ring & say my new HMR has arrived:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

i left in the application to substitute my yildiz o/u for a beretta semi auto three weeks ago. i still have'nt got any letter to say they recieved my application let alone the payment form.
    what should i do lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

declan1980 wrote: »
    i left in the application to substitute my yildiz o/u for a beretta semi auto three weeks ago. i still have'nt got any letter to say they recieved my application let alone the payment form.
    what should i do lads?

there is no payment for a subistution:confused: i traded my gun on tuesday and he wanted to know did i want to take the new one with me:eek:but i handnt enough money so getting it weekend.he filled in forms for me and said that they will post out new lience

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

we may go try it out in thurlas next thursday night so clive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Dupont wrote: »
    there is no payment for a subistution:confused: i traded my gun on tuesday and he wanted to know did i want to take the new one with me:eek:but i handnt enough money so getting it weekend.he filled in forms for me and said that they will post out new lience
    i called in to the garda station tonight, but there wasn't any one there that could help. the FO is on duty in the morning, so maybe he'll be able to help

Advertisement