Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City incompetence

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

dudara wrote: »
    The OP could simply have forgotten about this thread, or a myriad of other things. Don't make assumptions that add nothing to the thread.

dudara

Actually I had a genuine reason for asking, but could have phrased it better. I bought tha 37" version of that model after a lot of research and found no mention of backlight issues. It's an excellent TV IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RipItUp

Actually I had a genuine reason for asking, but could have phrased it better. I bought tha 37" version of that model after a lot of research and found no mention of backlight issues. It's an excellent TV IMHO.

OP was busy this week.

Ok, so I was wrong about it being a 2008 model - my info was incorrect. You may well find that your 37" has no back-light issues, but that's a whole other story. I might check out the 37" one if it has no issues.

It may be a rule of thumb, that the larger a screen gets, the harder it is to have it evenly lit - but I've seen poorly lit small LGs, so they come in all sizes.

I'll check out the 37", but I won't be buying it from Power City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Out of curiosity have you checked the brightness level as suggest by Watty in post 27 and what was the outcome?

Advertisement