Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to identify a fake Leupold Scope 101

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭

I was discussing this with ezridax on the range one day before christmas and I had intended to post it back then, but better late than never:

I spotted this on the 6mmBR.com website and followed the link to Leupold's site. Apparently, as many of you are aware already, Leupold scopes are being counterfeited in the east (both easts;)) (like many others) and then sold onto unwary shooters (usually via the usual channels like flea bay etc).

If you find a Leupold scope for sale at a price too good to be true - it probably is too good to be true. Make sure you check it out thouroughly to make sure you're not going to be parting with your cash for a spurious knock-off or a cheapo fake.

Leupold have put some information on their website about this and given indicators which will help you to identify a fake: http://www.leupold.com/corporate/resources/counterfeit-warning/

Here are the indicators for Leupold Mark 4 scopes:
    LeupoldMark4counterfeit-warning1.jpg
    LeupoldMark4counterfeit-warning2.jpg
    LeupoldMark4counterfeit-warning3.jpg

Hope this info may help some of us avoid being stung!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

dCorbus wrote: »
    I was discussing this with ezridax on the range one day before christmas and I had intended to post it back then, but better late than never:

I spotted this on the 6mmBR.com website and followed the link to Leupold's site. Apparently, as many of you are aware already, Leupold scopes are being counterfeited in the east (both easts;)) (like many others) and then sold onto unwary shooters (usually via the usual channels like flea bay etc).

If you find a Leupold scope for sale at a price too good to be true - it probably is too good to be true. Make sure you check it out thouroughly to make sure you're not going to be parting with your cash for a spurious knock-off or a cheapo fake.

Leupold have put some information on their website about this and given indicators which will help you to identify a fake: http://www.leupold.com/corporate/resources/counterfeit-warning/

Here are the indicators for Leupold Mark 4 scopes:
    LeupoldMark4counterfeit-warning1.jpg
    LeupoldMark4counterfeit-warning2.jpg
    LeupoldMark4counterfeit-warning3.jpg

Hope this info may help some of us avoid being stung!

Good Man well done

Advertisement