Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Watermarking (images/music)

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I have to do a project in college on Digital Watermarking for both images and music. What i was wondering is what is the best Free Digital Watermarking software for invisible Watermarks and also Software that can Trace your Watermark so you can see where your image/song is going and who is using your images/song. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards Malletbag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

malletbag wrote: »
    Hi,

I have to do a project in college on Digital Watermarking for both images and music. What i was wondering is what is the best Free Digital Watermarking software for invisible Watermarks and also Software that can Trace your Watermark so you can see where your image/song is going and who is using your images/song. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards Malletbag

If you want to tag items and have visibility of where those files are going, you will need a server. You're file wrapper would need to be proprietary. You're "viewer/player" would either need to be proprietary or be able to handle plug-ins , loading a proprietary plugin.

You are essentially wanting to create a closed DRM product, so you need end to end control on the files you are protecting. Where the files are going, to whom and from whom.

You will also need some good public/private key encryption / signing.

It's easy to sign your stuff. The hard part is tracking and restricting. For this, you need server side checking and closed DRM player / viewer.

Advertisement