Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wage Insurance?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking into getting insurance in the event of my company going belly up this year.

Is this still available? Who does it?
    I would imagine it would cost an arm and a leg in the current climate...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Bill-e wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking into getting insurance in the event of my company going belly up this year.

Is this still available? Who does it?
    I would imagine it would cost an arm and a leg in the current climate...
    There is a couple of companies doing this at the moment but a lot of brokers have stopped selling it as the "cost v benefit return" is not great and they were getting a lot of complaints from their clients about claim refusals also worth noting that the financial regulaor investagated some ofthese companies back in 2009 and found that they were in their rights to refuse claims but did criticise the way info was given to clients IMO it is a waste of money but that's my personal view but I am sure there is lots of people that would argue that point with me! As previous poster stated read the T&C before you commit

Advertisement