Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla Extract

Options
  • 06-01-2011 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,
    Any recommendation for a supplier who sells real vanilla extract (not essence) in large bottles?
    Thanksx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Hi PT
    Just trying to return the favour, found this thread it may help, no exactly supplier but could tide you over

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055903503

showgirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭johnnycee66

Fallon and Byrne in Dublin sells Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract, not sure if there's a brand name, small fat brown bottle, beautiful! Maybe make your own vanilla sugar too (but doesnt give the same kick as the thick brown stuff!!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Tesco sell this Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract. I make my own, but if I'm stuck this is the one I use.

attachment.php?attachmentid=142222&stc=1&d=1294341977

IIRC it comes in two different sizes - the one on Tesco online is 118ml for €6.80. I think there's a bigger bottle than that for ~€11.

Has anyone ever come across vanilla bean paste? I think Nielsen-Massey make it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Petite Treats

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the replies. This is actually the vanilla that I use. What I really need is to buy in bulk like in 1litre bottles or however it comes. The small bottles do not last long when you are baking every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

If you can't locate a supplier of big bottles, it might be an idea to make your own. Not an immediate solution as you have to wait 3 - 6 months for it to be 'ready', but if you make enough you can have a constant supply. All you need is some vodka and some vanilla pods (I get mine on eBay). I use the 1L 'Slom' bottles from IKEA to store it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Have you looked at their website OP? They have a "where to buy" section on it.

http://www.nielsenmassey.com/pdf/mailorder.pdf

Or you can contact their rep for Ireland/UK

Thanks so much for the links. I will send off an email now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DragonReborn

Yes, Nielsen Massey are good! You may also want to try Vanilla Mart from UK as their range of extracts is massive and they offer free delivery to Eire. I have bought some vanilla paste from them last week and it was divine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

3 posts all about Vanilla? Wow DragonReborn, you really love vanilla don't you. You should work with someone like vanilla mart, they would love your enthusiasm.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jene

La Rousse foods sell a 1L bottle for €35

http://www.laroussefoods.ie/286/Vanilla_Extract1Litre_product.html

• Advertisement

Thanks Jene, that's good to know. I've since sourced a company who sell 5 litre containers of double strength Nielsen Massey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsCupcake

Try ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mbrooksy

Hi

I'm also looking for Nielson M in bulk... Any chance you can message me with your supplier? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hiya, not sure if this is right but Nielsen-Massey do a 32oz bottle of vanilla extract - available from Amazon. I think 32oz is around the 1 litre mark??

Anyway here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nielsen-Massey-Vanilla-Extract-Madagascar-Bourbon/dp/B005LE8IMM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1342704932&sr=8-6

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

senelra wrote: »
    Has anyone ever come across vanilla bean paste? I think Nielsen-Massey make it too.

Dunnes sell it

Advertisement