Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He is suspended for the next 3 league games?

Is he not just banned from the FA Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

Do the mods on here have the power to van Jim Beglin?

Cormie does I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Domo-kun wrote: »
    You crack me up with the bullshíte you post sometimes. :D
    who's the top scorer in the PL again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yeah, will someone please lock him in a van, away from the commentary box?

Trilla wrote: »
    Seriously, I've two neutral mates in my house right now.

Defo peno they say...two footed sure, whats your argument

I don't care if it's too footed it wasn't that bad a tackle it's a contact sport. If he broke is leg yes it would be a sending off but this crap of "if" he caught him right it "would" be a broken leg is nonsense.

Oh the ball hit the post, it was nearly a goal so we better give it as a goal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Course it is,if any kind of significant contact is made.:rolleyes:

fairly stupid comment - any stud contact on the achilles heal will hurt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you have the power to change to Setanta.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

IvySlayer wrote: »
    :pac:

That was about 100 times bigger before :P

lol I know, I panicked when it posted and took about a minute to scroll down to the bottom of it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He is suspended for the next 3 league games?

I meant the next league game he is available for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

mixednuts wrote: »
    Monkey peno ? ... Not a chance!

Red card ? ..... Yes .

There's no doubt Berbatov dived. The reason he ended up on the ground is because he decided to, not because of the tackle.

But if Agger is gonna stick his leg out like that, he better make sure he gets the ball!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The contrast between Dalglish before the game and walking off there is staggering. Wonder if he still fancies the job or is he thinking 'what the hell have I got myself into'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Vicious tackle from Gerrard, what nonsene from Beglin on ITV though

I don't care if it's too footed it wasn't that bad a tackle it's a contact sport. If he broke is leg yes it would be a sending off but this crap of "if" he caught him right it "would" be a sending off is nonsense.

do you even know the rules?

since you obviously don't, there's no point debating with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I don't care if it's too footed it wasn't that bad a tackle it's a contact sport. If he broke is leg yes it would be a sending off but this crap of "if" he caught him right it "would" be a sending off is nonsense.

2 footed = a sending off. If Vidic had of done that to Torres I have no doubt that you would want him sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Seaneh wrote: »
    never a penalty, definite dive. He took two steps after the contact and threw himself on the ground.

So shouldn't a penalty have been given before he took those two steps? Contact without getting the ball.
    Or has a player to actually fall down for a foul to be commited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Is he not just banned from the FA Cup?

I highly doubt it, seems as though that ban could last 3 years then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BERBA wrote: »
    King Kenny:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He sure is, pal. He sure is!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

2 big decisions and both went uniteds way. Games over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It was a definite dive. Barely any contact - but Agger shouldnt have stuck his leg out. Terrible defending.

I'm surprised by the reaction to the tackle on here, I'll have to look at it again but it looked more like a yellow to me. Could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

you might not care, but the rules do, the ref did,. it was a disgusting tackle and stevie G should have known better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BERBA wrote: »
    speak for yourself :rolleyes:

Your team are a pity:p

You really are a **** stirring little bollox.

You as a Spurs fan come on here with your ****ty little one liners trying to get a reaction , well here you got one .

PISS OFF !

(ps) The report button is here
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

baz2009 wrote: »
    Chicharito>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Owen

I honestly can't see how even the most biased of 'Pool fans can say the that wasn't a red card, tbh. It was disgraceful and TheProdigy was very close to getting his wish.

To be fair, I'd recognise most of the pool fand usernames on here from the superthread and 99% of them have said it was a definite red, there'll always be a few, you know that.

Think the leg breaking thing is a bit over the top. I know well it was a straight red but it wasn't like one of those head on, straight over the top of the ball lunges. A minor point admittedly but it's far less likely, imo, to be a legbreaker when side on. Could well be wrong on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

baz2009 wrote: »
    Yeah, will someone please lock him in a van, away from the commentary box?
    Lock him in a van, push it off a cliff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Howard Webb 1 - 0 Liverpool

Clear enough artistic stumble by Berbatov, who will not be fessing up in the media later on like Theo did. Gerrards lunge was just that, so he had to go even if no real damange done to whover he went through.

In terms of play, with 11 on Liverpool looked pretty okay. With 10 it'll just be containment for as long as possible.

Tis pretty quiet in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Evans playing like G. Pique today; good, quick feet and on Torres anytime he makes a run

Luckily for us, there's no way he can keep that up for the whole game. Evans is a liability.

Really think Liverpool will score next.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Domo-kun wrote: »
    Rafael's tackle was just as bad, just Carrick made a big deal out of it.
    lol, and the fact that Rafa won the ball and didn't touch the other player.

Riiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I don't care if it's too footed it wasn't that bad a tackle it's a contact sport. If he broke is leg yes it would be a sending off but this crap of "if" he caught him right it "would" be a broken leg is nonsense.

So the ref should wait to see if it was a serious injury before deciding on the card? GTFO. Stop embaressing yourself with statements like that and just go for a walk

doc_17 wrote: »
    2 big decisions and both went uniteds way. Games over

true.

one big decision he got correct, one, IMO he got wrong, but it's debatable considering Agger was stupid enough to put his leg there.

i don't believe there was enough contact for Berba to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The contrast between Dalglish before the game and walking off there is staggering. Wonder if he still fancies the job or is he thinking 'what the hell have I got myself into'?

I cant see how one red card and a soft peno would have him thinking that. He didnt just discover football yesterday you know.

If the two decisions were the other way round would Fergie be thinking of jacking it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hmmm from Liverpool pov I am not too unhappy with the first half.

A first minute penalty against us and a player sent off and we are only a goal down whilst matching United in pretty much every department.

I am still fairly confident that the second half will be just as tight and Liverpool getting back into the game is far from being a longshot.

Our style of play has impressed me, and so has our attitude. Massive improvements in both.

Things like the early peno and the sending off would have seen us crumble before this game.

United have the lead right now, but I think both Liverpool and United fans are wary going into the second half as there could be a few more twists in this game yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Definite red card for me. Lot of discussion about the Tiote challenge yesterday. Big difference is that Tiote had one foot on the ground and got the ball. Gerrard went in two footed and won none of the ball.

Penalty was never a penalty but Agger should never have stuck his leg out in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Stonewall Red card, stonewall dive from Berbatov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Time for some unbiased punditry now, Big Sam is on...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

You as a Spurs fan come on here with your ****ty little one liners trying to get a reaction , well here you got one .

PISS OFF !

>

uh oh and were off:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Rafael made an illegal challenge before Gerrard that Webb failed to pick up on. Gerrard had to go though, awful challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

If it's true that kenny arrived back from holidays or whereever he was untill yesterday. how the hell are putting the performance down to kenny if he hasn't even taken a training session??

bizzare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Improved performance for LFC, much better football being played, Man UTD are much more confident going in.

Berbatofff was shot ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jesus, I thought the linesman had given it initially.

Very disappointed to see that Webb gave it despite no call from his better positioned linesman.

Rather honest apprisal from Big Sam - surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ah here, if you look at Berba's left foot he goes over on it as a result of the contact after taking a step. That's not a dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just seen the replay. It's a nailed on penalty. Definite contact.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    you might not care, but the rules do, the ref did,. it was a disgusting tackle and stevie G should have known better.

Would you ever cop on, a discusting tackle? It was an honest passionate tackle. But when the ref supports united you can't win, it's the same crap everytime he refs united v Liverpool the man is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Michael Owen to score the winning goal = WHOOP WHOOP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

PISS OFF !

>

didnt think this match thread was soley for utd and liverpool supporters:confused:

charming vocabulary used above by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

That_Guy wrote: »
    Definite red card for me. Lot of discussion about the Tiote challenge yesterday. Big difference is that Tiote had one foot on the ground and got the ball. Gerrard went in two footed and won none of the ball.

Penalty was never a penalty but Agger should never have stuck his leg out in the first place.
    Sums it up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

It was definately not a penalty that clown berbatov dived.I was impressed with how liverpool were playing i taught they were getting on top of utd then the ref decided to send off gerrard when it should of been yellow.I can't believe it another ref bottling it at old trafford, some things never change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Southgate reckons Gerard for sticking up for his teammates, of course.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

lol, and the fact that Rafa won the ball and didn't touch the other player.

Riiight.
    can people stop harassing rafa , hes only little lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

ntlbell wrote: »
    If it's true that kenny arrived back from holidays or whereever he was untill yesterday. how the hell are putting the performance down to kenny if he hasn't even taken a training session??

bizzare.

Maybe he had video conferencing? Or left a note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Missed the start of the match so didn't see the peno incident until the replay just now and that was a dive by Berbatov.

Again the Gerrard red card was totally justified. It was a very dangerous tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Just seen the replay, shocking challenge from gerrard. that is all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement