Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

miereless pulling out of tackles all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

NickDrake wrote: »

Long ball up to Torres. Long ball up to Torres. Do ye have any other tactic. Dear god , what a shambles.

I don't know what game your watching ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

PEENOOO REFF FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

True but the refs seem scared to deal with the chaos that goes on in the box. I think Berbatov made the most of it but if you stick your leg out in the box and catch a player you are asking for trouble.
    They're not afraid to give free outs though strangely enough. :pac:
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    So how do you define a foul?
    Well what just happened to Evra would be more of a foul I'd've thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ShooterSF wrote: »
    So how do you define a foul?

Apparently it's any contact at all, not matter how light. So everytime 2 opposing players touch in the box, the attacker gets a peno.

Poor from Aurellio there, should be buryign them in the corner. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Disappointing for Liverpool fans and also fans of football, the game has been largely dictated by referee decisions. I have not seen Gerrard's tackle so I can't say anything but from the commentary on the Radio and people's reactions here, it looks like it was a definite straight red. Can't say much on the penalty itself, NewsTalk's commentary said it was a dive, also said the red was deserved, can't comment myself until I get home and see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this is a different Utd 2nd half.

Fergie's blatantly told them to put us to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I have seen under12 teams in the local park play more attractive football than Liverpool today.

Dear god.

Howard Webb got the red card spot on. If it was Carrick who did it the Liverpool massive would be calling it a red.

Long ball up to Torres. Long ball up to Torres. Do ye have any other tactic. Dear god , what a shambles.

Are you watching a re-run of a previous game. Liverpool have played some decent stuff today. IMO they've strung some better passes than Man United in the first half. Having said that though, their crossing is letting them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The Muppet wrote: »
    There doesn't have to be , there is no set level of contact that makes it a peno. The player is under no onligation to stay on his feet once any contact is made.

No maybe there's grounds to argue that that's a stupid rule but thats another argument all together.

A foul is an impediment of the progression of a player/ Berbatov was not impeded, so it was no foul. Soccer isn't a non contact sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

shoulder to shoulder my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

bring on babel, the pool need a player who can dribble past defenders, at the moment the only pool player who can dribble past people is torres and he's not showing it, kuyt & maxi are toothless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

More diving from Evra at least this time Webb did not fall for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

mixednuts wrote: »
    I don't know what game your watching ????

I don't know what game you are watching. That is all ye are doing. Brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Aurelio doing his best for United.:D Nearly put Hernandez through earlier on and just now tries to head it in himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

tinner777 wrote: »
    mr webb says this a yellow, so red a little harsh?

We have found his limit of tolerance..unsurprising where we found it...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

More diving from Evra at least this time Webb did not fall for it
    think you need to adjust the tv for those rose tinted glasses you are wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

That_Guy wrote: »
    Are you watching a re-run of a previous game. Liverpool have played some decent stuff today. IMO they've strung some better passes than Man United in the first half. Having said that though, their crossing is letting them down.

He must be surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

2dt94px.jpg

Did he tackle with studs showing? NO.

He jumped in only for Meireles pulling out it could have been worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

There's this thing about Skrtel when he starts galloping you know he's about to lunge in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

monkey9 wrote: »
    Edit Actually, what the f*ck?? Spurs are playing right now???? You, my friend, are even more pathetic than i thought.

agh our reserves are only playing charlton;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ha, anyone else see the fan put his head on Mereiles' shot??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Apparently it's any contact at all, not matter how light. So everytime 2 opposing players touch in the box, the attacker gets a peno.

Well I'd argue that the attacker should have to be considered in control of the ball and that some forms of contact (shoulders) are allowed.

Anywho I just don't agree that a player should have to be knocked off his feet for it to be considered a foul..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Kelly is a super defender

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

United putting Pool to the sword now. Big 10 mins coming up.

Martin Kelly has been magnificent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

THFC wrote: »
    Ha, anyone else see the fan put his head on Mereiles' shot??

Yeah, saw that as well, back of his head

Really liking Kelly today. Has played quite well.

Liverpool in the final third are awful. Nice passing but then an over ambitious long ball which always gets snuffed out. Frustrating.

Lol @ commentary

Evra down easy, fair shoulder from Kelly

Kelly wins a foul from a shove by Berbs (shoulder?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Watching kelly for pool here one wonders why the hell johnson is anywhe near that team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Shelvey for meireles. He is having a poor game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

mixed up wrote: »
    I have to admit you really are a clown it was not a penalty and liverpool were on top until gerrard got sent off.

Where did I say it was a penalty. If you actually read my post you'll see I said the opposite.

Post reported for the personal insult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

glen Johnson should never ever start ahead of Kelly at right back ever again

Augmerson wrote: »
    Disappointing for Liverpool fans and also fans of football, the game has been largely dictated by referee decisions. I have not seen Gerrard's tackle so I can't say anything but from the commentary on the Radio and people's reactions here, it looks like it was a definite straight red. Can't say much on the penalty itself, NewsTalk's commentary said it was a dive, also said the red was deserved, can't comment myself until I get home and see it.

It was a red card, and a very soft pen considering the Linesman was closer to it then the ref and did not give it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

performance looks pretty hodgson like for me.

There's a very good reason hodgson didn't want liverpool passing it around, bar stevie g they don't have the players to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Domo-kun wrote: »
    A foul is an impediment of the progression of a player/ Berbatov was not impeded, so it was no foul. Soccer isn't a non contact sport.

Once contact was made with the player and not the ball it was a foul. It was in the box which made it a pen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah, should have at least got that on target!
    Well played by Hernandez though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I have seen under12 teams in the local park play more attractive football than Liverpool today.

Dear god.

Howard Webb got the red card spot on. If it was Carrick who did it the Liverpool massive would be calling it a red.

Another insightful post of absolute quality from you there, Lady Gaga!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote: »
    Fully agree. If Johnson gets back in ahead of him while he is playing like this you have to ask questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Kelly is a super defender

Pretty good at getting forward too.

Johnson has some proper competition. And I'd like to see him at CB one day

SlickRic wrote: »

As a United fan I have to say he's looked good. Irish blood in him?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Torres off maby?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Quandary wrote: »
    Watching kelly for pool here one wonders why the hell johnson is anywhe near that team

Not in defence anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kelly doing very well today. With luck he will get a run in the team on the back of his performance. He played even better against Chelsea and was dropped straight away.

Could have been game over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The fact that the commentators are even suggesting that could have been a foul on Reina is another big thing worng with the game (in general I mean, not today)

part of me would love to see Kenny make a statement and take Torres off.

he's been embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Quandary wrote: »

Amazing to think Johnson is England's first choice right-back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Babel Time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Kelly has been immense, meireles has been far too wasteful, really lacking intelligence with some of his decisions

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement