Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

RasTa wrote: »

Damn, Berba needs a glass of Brandy with his pre-match Cigar, this will throw him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Daemos wrote: »
    United to win comfortably and Liverpool fans to claim they didn't give a sh1t anyway :rolleyes:

I dont give a **** if that eijit is still in charge, 3 nil to United I think

MGMTea wrote: »

Who do you "support"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cleary you do give a fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Give Roy a break. Every thread I go on you guys are talking about him getting sacked. It's not his fault he got the job. He is trying his best with a poor set of players who finished 7th last year.

Man Utd 1-2 Liverpool

Whose fault is it then? Did he trip over his 13th position in the PL last year and end up in the 'Pool job.

Of course he's responsible for getting the job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

slingerz wrote: »
    Liverpool are 9/2 to win??

definitely worth €20
    thats nothing torres is 7/1 to score first goal , im gonna stick a score on that oh wait ..........torres is muck :D
    Berba to score a Hat-Trick 25/1 i did stick a fiver on that . kick"em when there down "id love it if we beat them" etc etc etc

all joking aside i feel it will be a tough game for both sides . i mean it is Manchester United V Liverpool after all . i really cant wait for it tbh .

143ev84.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

almanu wrote: »
    thats nothing torres is 7/1 to score first goal , im gonna stick a score on that oh wait ..........torres is muck :D

I know you're probably taking the piss as I was a while ago, but that is a much better bet than Pool to win at 9/2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

utd will have the reserve side out sunday , be much closer than that.;)

They have bigger fish to fry sunday week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly don't think I'll even watch this. It's going to be a massacre.

BERBA wrote: »

Fried fish and a stroll in the park at three point lane, what more could you ask for on a sunday :D

reserves? :confused:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    reserves? :confused:

doesnt really matter what side fergie puts out tbh , pool wouldnt beat bray wanderers at the carlisle ground the way they are playing

curry-muff wrote: »
    Fried fish and a stroll in the park at three point lane, what more could you ask for on a sunday :D

how good would it be to see becks coming off the bench with 20 mins to go sunday week and banging one of his trademarks in the top corner

how good would it be to see becks coming off the bench with 20 mins to go sunday week and banging one of his trademarks in the top corner

It wouldn't feel bad as long as we were 5-0 up at that stage, I wouldn't begrudge Becks a little bit of happiness ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I hope Roy gets the sack before this game. Its too easy for pool supporters to hide behind him as their excuse.

curry-muff wrote: »
    I know you're probably taking the piss as I was a while ago, but that is a much better bet than Pool to win at 9/2.

i was having a bit of a joke , they are good odds , now i like a punt just like most of us but id rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty hubcap that bet against my team v liverpool .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Final nail in the coffin coming right up. No way I'll be missing this :D

I hope Roy gets the sack before this game. Its too easy for pool supporters to hide behind him as their excuse.

Win, lose or draw he's still a hopeless manager.

The result won't change anything in that respect.

doesnt really matter what side fergie puts out tbh , pool wouldnt beat bray wanderers at the carlisle ground the way they are playing

ah jayzus thats a bit harsh now they might nick it 1-0 if they were full strenght:D

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Final nail in the coffin coming right up. No way I'll be missing this :D

Who you cheering for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Win, lose or draw he's still a hopeless manager.

The result won't change anything in that respect.

Hopeless is a bit harsh tbh.
    He is clearly out of his depth at Liverpool, am sure he is capable of doing a job at a club that's within range of his managerial skills.

Who you cheering for?

Cheering is a very strong word but I will be hoping United destroy them tbh.

Hardcore city fan then eh? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Us top of the table teams stick together. Nice up here, isn't it? :D

d22ontour wrote: »
    He is clearly out of his depth at Liverpool, am sure he is capable of doing a job at a club that's within range of his managerial skills.

he has reina gerard torres cole kuyt etc all top international players and part of the spine of the team

why do all the fans solely blame woy?:rolleyes:

Do the players escape the blame ,same players outside of cole who got rafa the sack last season.:rolleyes:

d22ontour wrote: »

Sorry, hopeless at Liverpool.

he has reina gerard torres cole kuyt etc all top international players and part of the spine of the team

why do all the fans solely blame woy?:rolleyes:

Do the players escape the blame ,same players outside of cole who got rafa the sack last season.:rolleyes:

Wasn't it Rafa's fault last year though?

Wasn't it Rafa's fault last year though?

as a former liverpool left back would say 'i dunno you tell me'

as a former liverpool left back would say 'i dunno you tell me'

I asked you ! :confused:

Tough debating with you Berba, it's pretty limted.

• Advertisement

Hardcore city fan then eh? :pac:

Just a realist who wouldn't mind seeing the full demise of a rival. You're just next ;)
    Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Us top of the table teams stick together. Nice up here, isn't it? :D

Nosebleeds every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So Liverpool and City fans want United to win? I see what you're doing

I asked you ! :confused:

Tough debating with you Berba, it's pretty limted.

easy to blame roy and rafa , ultimately the gaffer gets the bullet fair enough , but practically the same set of players this season and last remain completely blameless in the eyes of most pool fans , which is wrong , just wrong.

Just a realist who wouldn't mind seeing the full demise of a rival. You're just next ;)

Full demise? Al Queda planning something? :pac:

Seriously though, I'd have thought a united defeat would suit city down to the ground.

I'd have thought united are a bigger rival? :confused:

Full demise? Al Queda planning something? :pac:

Seriously though, I'd have thought a united defeat would suit city down to the ground.

I'd have thought united are a bigger rival? :confused:

They are, but with United having extra games to play as it is it actually suits us better to have them playing on as many fronts as possible for the forseeable future.

You can stay in the cup until the quarters but no more ;)

They are, but with United having extra games to play as it is it actually suits us better to have them playing on as many fronts as possible for the forseeable future.

Fair enough :cool:

yeah but ye still have extra games to play in the shape of fadgfmaglaglg in the europa knockouts

yeah but ye still have extra games to play in the shape of fadgfmaglaglg in the europa knockouts

Glad to see you're keeping an eye on it in preparation for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

As hard as it may be to watch on Sunday I'll try. Not only are Liverpool off their perch, we're about to be pile driven 6 feet under.

Have you ever seen 'Pool fans so demoralised going into such a huge match?

Prediction - 2-0 to 'Pool!

• Advertisement

Glad to see you're keeping an eye on it in preparation for next year.

you could have said that last may as well and look what happened:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Its pretty fúcking ironic that while United fans here were using the Hillsborough and Hodgson thread as a stick to beat Liverpool fans it in fact turns out that it was a bunch of hackers, probably United fans, intent on smearing Liverpool fans!! Ironic posts are ironic.

Its pretty fúcking ironic that while United fans here were using the Hillsborough and Hodgson thread as a stick to beat Liverpool fans it in fact turns out that it was a bunch of hackers, probably United fans, intent on smearing Liverpool fans!! Ironic posts are ironic.
    oh dear:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Again this is in stark contrast to many Liverpool supporters on this board (not all but many), who are nestled safely in their blissful cocoon of ignorance, more interested in seeing a good man fail than actually getting behind the team they claim to follow. Why not grow up and stop thinking you have a divine right to win based on what was done in the past. History is bunk.

The irony is that these 'followers' (more trend followers than team followers if you ask me) claim that Hodgson has lost credibility when in fact it is rather their own claims to have Liverpool's best interests at heart which have lost credibility.

Hodgson will no doubt be sacked in due course but the man will come out of it with his dignity in tact whereas the same cannot be said for the lynch mob. No doubt this will go over many heads and will be met with either rolleyes smilies, some stupid internet slang phrase, maybe a picture of a cat, anything to avoid dealing with the real issue - the trumped up players just haven't pulled their weight.

What a load of tosh.

Hodgson's dignity intact? Having a go at fans. Retraction. Having a go at individual players. Retraction. Having a go at Rafa. Retraction.

It's not a lynch mob. Almost (there are, of course, exceptions) all Liverpool fans have the long-term interests of the club at heart. It became quite clear early in his reign that Hodgson was incompatible with those interests. Since then, most fans have been praying for the day he leaves.

It's not about thinking we have a right to win. We know we've won f*ck all in 20 years. We could take several more years with no success if the club was moving in the right direction, with a man at the helm who had a clue what he was doing.

His signings have been shocking. His tactics have been terribly defensive, one-dimensional and archaic. He never changes tactics when things are going wrong.

He has won 1 of his last 28 away premier league games. That is simply incompetence.

Yes, three-quarters of our squad have to go. But before we even think about that we need someone in charge to give us some direction. Then the fans will be behind them.

I would not mind us being 12th in the league this season if the manager had been blooding young players, trying new tactics or whatever. It's being 12th in the league, playing the most horrible football in league with seemingly no improvement in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Ah well as long as you said probably, then it was definitely them.Maybe it was the owner of the account all along ?
    And RAWK got served by the police by allowing his personal details to be posted on their site and are offering a blame it on the manc hackorz excuse to divert the knobs who actually believe what they read type....

See what i did there ?

Who gives a fook who typed it, the bigger problem is some guy will probably get his house bricked by some tards who are not meant to buy the sun but believe the sun type headlines that forum produces....

Ironic fans are ironic.... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Well the post was up on RAWK for a minute or so yet screenshots appeared on Red Cafe within minutes? A lucky coincidence? I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What a load of tosh.

Hodgson's dignity intact? Having a go at fans. Retraction. Having a go at individual players. Retraction. Having a go at Rafa. Retraction.

It's not a lynch mob. Almost (there are, of course, exceptions) all Liverpool fans have the long-term interests of the club at heart. It became quite clear early in his reign that Hodgson was incompatible with those interests. Since then, most fans have been praying for the day he leaves.

It's not about thinking we have a right to win. We know we've won f*ck all in 20 years. We could take several more years with no success if the club was moving in the right direction, with a man at the helm who had a clue what he was doing.

His signings have been shocking. His tactics have been terribly defensive, one-dimensional and archaic. He never changes tactics when things are going wrong.

He has won 1 of his last 28 away premier league games. That is simply incompetence.

Yes, three-quarters of our squad have to go. But before we even think about that we need someone in charge to give us some direction. Then the fans will be behind them.

I would not mind us being 12th in the league this season if the manager had been blooding young players, trying new tactics or whatever. It's being 12th in the league, playing the most horrible football in league with seemingly no improvement in sight.

He had a go at fans who he thought were not behaving like supporters. Maybe he has been reading a lot of the posts on the internet or listening to some of the OTT phone-in shows and if so, I think his comments are reasonable in the circumstances.

It has been a lynch mob in my opinion. Today on Sky Sports News Sir Alex and Arsene Wenger hit out at the way managers are treated these days, Wenger specifically referenced Hodgson and noted the craziness of a man who was praised by all quarters last season (including Liverpool fans) and yet after a few months into the league there is a demand for his head. He noted the importance of stability. These are arguably the two best coaches in the league, certainly two of the best in the world, and you can add them to the list of many of Liverpool's ex-players who have refused to call for his head. Are all these people wrong? Are the impatient fans on the net who rage because Wolves and Blackburn players actually have the audacity to try and win the game, unlike most of Liverpool's lot, correct in their vitriol?

There was a time a month or more back when the results for Liverpool did pick up and I recall the response of many on this board was, 'well I still think he's wrong for the job but if he gets results I won't complain' - in other words, I will wait for the guy to have a dip in form and then start trashing him again. That is not supporting your team in anyone's book. You must admit that there has been a notable element that have wanted him out since day one and who have been quick to seize on any bad moments. Of course it has not been a great start for Liverpool but it is not all his fault and the season is far, far from over, and that is what many are pointing out and what the impatient lynch mob just won't take on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hodgson out!! Hope we win 1-0. And Hogdson still out!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hodgson out!! Hope we win 1-0. And Hogdson still out!!

fcukin sad , what about torres gerard kuyt and reina out , they are the clowns who got ya in to the mess.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

fcukin sad , what about torres gerard kuyt and reina out , they are the clowns who got ya in to the mess.:rolleyes:

The players are a joke this season. But then, what's the point of having a manager. He has to inspire, motivate, have a plan. Shape a team. Hodgson is not doing that. I'm not getting into this. This isn't the thread for it anyway.

But yeah, Liverpool one nil. Hodgson gets the sack. That would be a great Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

monkey9 wrote: »
    The players are a joke this season. But then, what's the point of having a manager. He has to inspire, motivate, have a plan. Shape a team. Hodgson is not doing that. I'm not getting into this. This isn't the thread for it anyway.

But yeah, Liverpool one nil. Hodgson gets the sack. That would be a great Sunday!

Playing in front of 45,000 fans should give you that motivation and inspiration.

Hodgson just has employed rubbish tactics with a poor Liverpool squad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement