Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

niallo27 wrote: »
    Can you hear you can, hear it loud and clear over the 70 thousand plus mancs

Yep, if there's ever a medal for singing the loudest you might be in with a chance.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

baz2009 wrote: »
    United Thread Player of the Month for December, iirc.
    But you use this instance to call him poor, it makes you seem so educated.

There'll be United fans who'll say it was a penalty on Berbatov too, that doesn't change the fact.

That United fans call him good, doesn't make him good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Jesus, Liverpool were pathetic, practically accepted defeat for those last 30 minutes.
    What game were you watching? Down to 10 men at Old trafford and gave it a go. They played well imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Candidate for worst ever Man Utd/Pool match!

Kelly really should keep his place for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I'd be embarrassed to be a united supporter after watching that.

Not as embarrassed as Pool fans surely. But yes that wasn't a great performance and we haven't been performing all that well at all this season, today was no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well done, ye won the singing contest. By the way we cruised pass ye into the next round partly due to liverpool's captain fantastic and his suspect temperment:D

Don't forget your 12th man, he played his part again today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

anyone see Tommy Tiernan about the 85th minute in the crowd or was it just me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Liam O wrote: »
    when did Old Trafford expand?

they did that to pay for Roo's wages.... not sure anybody noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'd be embarrassed to be a Liverpool fan in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Disappointing result of course. But i'm happy enough with the performance considering we played the majority of match with ten men and being one down after a minute.

We were always in the game and i felt throughout we could get something out of it and if it wasn't for the red card, maybe we would have.

Utd can't seem to kill teams off, but they manage to get across the line in the end. They deserved the win today, no doubt about it.

But at least we showed a bit of fight, spirit and never gave in. Positive enough, anyway. Never f*cking nice getting beaten by that lot though!!.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well that's that. No FA cup run again this season.

Sickening to lose to United, but we went down fighting and that was the first time that I have seen so much heart, effort, and fight from a Liverpool team this season.

If we play like we did today against Blackpool and Everton then I will be pretty confident of maximum points.

Big result and a nice feeling for United and their supporters today. They get to progress in the cup and do so by beating Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Prufrock wrote: »
    Job done. Giggs MOTM.
    Rafael was the best player on the park imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Very disappointed that one moment of dishonesty has decided it.

Not a bad performance all things considered.

Gerrard needs his head examined.

Torres needs an Igor Biscan style kick up the arse.

Howard webb wins it for united yet again. In all honesty the man can never be let ref another Liverpool united game, the dogs in the street can see how much he favours united.

The FA need to wake up to whats going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

M5 wrote: »
    I doubt Kenny has had any impact in the 24 hours he has been boss!

New manager bounce perhaps

Youd be amazed the difference the likes of Konchesky could have made (not in a good way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

More embarrassed to be a Liverpool fan after that challenge my captain made.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

That's got to be encouraging from Liverpool's point of view, decent game, great 2nd half.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Yep, if there's ever a medal for singing the loudest you might be in with a chance.:D
    Terrible post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

niallo27 wrote: »
    Don't forget your 12th man, he played his part again today

Who, Gerrard? Yeah nice of him to leave his team with a mountain to climb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ITV commentator put it nicely
    "Utd have players who can retain possession, they've run the clock down well since taking the lead"

That summed up Manchester Utds poverty today, all the advantages and they just get across the line.

Martin Kelly was excellent today they tried to pressure him all afternoon but got little for it. The whole side dug in well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Worrying for the sunshine supporters of UTD. Did nothing against ten man liverpool, cheated there way into the 4th round.

dfx- wrote: »
    There'll be United fans who'll say it was a penalty on Berbatov too, that doesn't change the fact.

That United fans call him good, doesn't make him good.

He has been playing well of late and there's plenty non united fans who watch united matches who will agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

The Muppet wrote: »
    thats only if webb isnt a judge:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is Berbatov smirking while anwering that? :)

Just as a matter of interest , where was Giggs positioned for the Gerrard red card? Is he just developing a case of the Wengers?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Berbatov - " people that know me know I never go down easy" -WHATEVER FELLA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Body language experts would have a field day with berbatov just there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Berbatov trying not to laugh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was berbs just smiling when asked about the penalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

anyone see Tommy Tiernan about the 85th minute in the crowd or was it just me?

Well surely you know where you were in the 85th minute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Youd be amazed the difference the likes of Konchesky could have made (not in a good way)

yeah i suppose.... He has been crap recently.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Berbatov - " people that know me know I never go down easy" -WHATEVER FELLA

He doesn't usually. He's not known for it.

mike65 wrote: »
    ITV commentator put it nicely

That summed up Manchester Utds poverty today, all the advantages and they just get across the line.

Martin Kelly was excellent today they tried to pressure him all afternoon but got little for it. The whole side dug in well.
    Totally agree about Kelly but it was a ****e game in all fairness. The pitch played a big part in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Odd to actually have kinda enjoyed a game where utd beat liverpool. I guess I was just happy to see the young lads that have been touted about get thrown in and hold there own against a top side. Whatever way you look at it, utd, without being exceptional are close to running away with the league at the moment due to others slipping. In this regard I'm delighted that this easing in of young talent might be at an end and Kelly and Shelvey get a lot more game time. Throw these lads in and see what they can do. Good luck to utd now, obviously hope ye get knocked out next round but ye were better today.

Damn, and there I was being all diplomatic until Berbatov comes on after the game saying it was a def pen, I feel all dirty now, the git.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Really?

We've played below par pretty much all season, we're top of the league with games in hand, through to the champions league knockout stages, sit ll in the cup...

I feel excited :)

Imagine how we'll be doing when we hit form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Howard webb wins it for united yet again. In all honesty the man can never be let ref another Liverpool united game, the dogs in the street can see how much he favours united.

The FA need to wake up to whats going on.

LOL:D JUST LOL:D

Liam O wrote: »
    More embarrassed to be a Liverpool fan after that challenge my captain made.

Jeasus I dont know what sort of women people are but that was a good tough passionate tackle and a yellow was well enough. If by the rules that was a sending off, the rules need to change. Simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Worrying for the sunshine supporters of UTD. Did nothing against ten man liverpool, cheated there way into the 4th round.

Worrying for 'european nite' supporters of Liverpool. Soon to be relegated and out of the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Well surely you know where you were in the 85th minute?

bored.... waiting for the draw... come on number 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Diggy78 wrote: »
    Damn, and there I was being all diplomatic until Berbatov comes on after the game saying it was a def pen, I feel all dirty now, the git.

Well he's hardly going to say he dived, tbf.

Actually Sam Allardyce MoM imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd say Berbatov would be some poker player :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,232 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The bitterness in here is delicious, nom nom nom! :D

Amateur psychology by Big Sam :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

LOL!! Sam as an expert on body language. Berbatov scratching his head... Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

We deserved the win.

Evans did well as did Rio.

Kelly is a fine player why Johnson is ahead of him I will never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Absolute lols @ some of the vitriol being posted by some Pool supporters.

Worrying for 'european nite' supporters of Liverpool. Soon to be relegated and out of the cup.
    would you like a wager on that?

M5 wrote: »
    yeah i suppose.... He has been crap recently.

I wasnt aware he was ever much use tbh. It was definately a wince moment where I heard Roy signed him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Nothing any united fan says will take away from my happiness with that display from Liverpool, delighted with the performance.

Well done on your win, but as far as Liverpool and our fans go, you just don't get it. But that's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I really do have to laugh at the absolute crap that gets spouted by the Utd fans who visit the soccer forum once in a blue moon.

Thank god for the regulars.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement