Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Look at the Berba penalty incident, he takes a step with his right foot and the contact then takes effect on his left foot and it gives way, not a dive imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thought Liverpool played well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

spockety wrote: »
    Nothing any united fan says will take away from my happiness with that display from Liverpool, delighted with the performance.

Well done on your win, but as far as Liverpool and our fans go, you just don't get it. But that's ok.
    I echo that. Good accurate post imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Meh, game was decided by a peno and tbh it was a game that could have gone eitherway on a different day.

Impressed with Liverpool's fight back with 10 men, played with some pride and passion. Just unlucky not to get anything from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

amiable wrote: »
    would you like a wager on that?

Well as you probably didnt read all of it ye are already out of the cup but I will wager on that as well if you want:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Just got sick. Representatives of the forces doing the draw "to get the job done"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

At least we don't have to worry about tiredness for the spurs game cos that was a stroll really even with resting players. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I wasnt aware he was ever much use tbh. It was definately a wince moment where I heard Roy signed him.

Yeah, that was a strange one alright. There have been a few in the last 3/4 seasons!

Credit to liverpool today though, that was a good performance when you factor in everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Sparta Prague will rip you lot apart if you play like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Jeasus I dont know what sort of women people are but that was a good tough passionate tackle and a yellow was well enough.

I wonder will kenny appeal the straight red so?

Very doubtful,he knows not to because he is a rational man and knows straight red tackle when he sees one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nothing any united fan says will take away from my happiness with that display from Liverpool, delighted with the performance.
    I agree, they did well against a good United side with Berba in great form, in their own backyard, especially when they went down so early.

Lets home Pool are back and the proper banter with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I hope United get Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

aurelio again with a tricky portuguese winger in his pocket, at least he can say hello to his mate ronaldo there now, easily liverpools best defending left back outside his few sloppy passes

ryan giggs 37 years of age, terrific, what a player

the game was over as a contest after 30mins, utd are good enough to not need the refs help, they will go on win the up cup now have no doubts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

J. Marston wrote: »
    The bitterness in here is delicious, nom nom nom! :D

Amateur psychology by Big Sam :rolleyes:.

I wouldn't say it's bitter, I'm so ****en jealous, I would love if Liverpool had that influence over refs, it must be worth 7 or 8 pts a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Liam O wrote: »
    Look at the Berba penalty incident, he takes a step with his right foot and the contact then takes effect on his left foot and it gives way, not a dive imo.

Yourself and all the other people saying it was a pen should do yourselves a favour and just admit it was a dive. Even the man himself couldn't keep a straight face when he was asked about it ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

baz2009 wrote: »
    I hope United get Leeds.

Leeds win did they?

I hope United get Leeds.

They wont cas Arsenal will knock them out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mike65 wrote: »
    ITV commentator put it nicely

That summed up Manchester Utds poverty today, all the advantages and they just get across the line.

Martin Kelly was excellent today they tried to pressure him all afternoon but got little for it. The whole side dug in well.

Very much so, 1-0 up, a man advantage (possibly two if you're a cynic :D ) after 20 minutes and they were resorting to holding the ball up. Especially given an under strength, out of form Blackburn blew 11 man Liverpool away a few days before.

Liverpool's man marking was shocking though. Zonal marking is required..

LOL:D JUST LOL:D

Why is it LOL, Im being completely serious. It is a simple fact that Howard webb is extremely biased towards united, why in every game between the teams he ref's there are very very biased, unfair and questionable decisions in united's favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Well as you probably didnt read all of it ye are already out of the cup but I will wager on that as well if you want:D
    So you won't wager on the full statement you made? Why am i not surprised? Chicken. If you make a statement back it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Well he's hardly going to say he dived, tbf.
    ha, I know that, still I'll stand by my 'the git'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Dont worry liverpool supporters. The best teams go out in the third round. This coming from a toon supporter. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

All this bull before the draw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

whats with the fcuking propaganda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gutted at the result, but delighted to finally see a bit of spirit from the lads, really tried to play some football when they had the chance, great running from everyone too. Thought pool defence coped very well with the united pressure, agger looked great, some great vision in defence with interceptions. Pen was obviously a bad call, clearly, but such is life.

Onwards and upwards for pool hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Essien wrote: »
    Yourself and all the other people saying it was a pen should do yourselves a favour and just admit it was a dive. Even the man himself couldn't keep a straight face when he was asked about it ffs.
    it was a penalty regardless of whether he went down or not and while I don't think it was a dive, even if it was he was still hampered by contact in the box and he shouldn't have to go down to be awarded the pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Are the 'Webb is biased' brigade going to ignore the penalties for United he DIDN'T give?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

At least these lads doing the draw are better than the last pair of eejits they had in.

Also, that Liverpool performance was nothing special. The full-backs looked solid, thats about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just got sick. Representatives of the forces doing the draw "to get the job done"

Sky Sports had something on earlier about the forces in Afganistan. Is it an anniversary or somesuch?

Anyone but Stevenage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Are the 'Webb is biased' brigade going to ignore the penalties for United he DIDN'T give?

Did we not establish Shelvey got the ball and then Giggs went over his leg?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Fellow Liverpool fans should give the Webb stuff a rest. United were good for their win. Focus on our own positives, for there were many, and you might enjoy the rest of your Sunday a bit better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

deisedevil wrote: »
    He doesn't usually. He's not known for it.

Yes he is and today was no different... he was trying not to laugh such was the obvious nature of his dive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

lol at Big Sam's body language analysis. He's right though :)

I really enjoyed that game. And love the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Home draw please

They had some cheek to show the Steve Gerrard "going strong in the last 15 mins" ad at half time. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Liam O wrote: »
    it was a penalty regardless of whether he went down or not and while I don't think it was a dive, even if it was he was still hampered by contact in the box and he shouldn't have to go down to be awarded the pen.

I'm United born and bred but Liam that was never a peno, he was barely touched took a step and dived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Why is it LOL, Im being completely serious. It is a simple fact that Howard webb is extremely biased towards united, why in every game between the teams he ref's there are very very biased, unfair and questionable decisions in united's favour.

Webb gave most 50/50 decisions pools way after the penalty, evans should have got a penalty and you think the ref was in uniteds pocket. The sending off of gerrard was a cert in every game and anyone who thinks otherwise is trolling or on drugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Jeasus I dont know what sort of women people are but that was a good tough passionate tackle and a yellow was well enough. If by the rules that was a sending off, the rules need to change. Simple as that.

Jesus we've just sorted the racism issue and sexism is introduced.:D

Where's my popcorn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

As a Pool fan, disappointed we lost to United today. Defeat is always disappointing, especially against United and the loss also puts us out of the FA Cup, but losing 1-0 at Old Trafford to a team like United is not the worst result in the world, considering we went down to 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

great result,so glad to beat the old foe.

giggs was brillant imo,a joy to watch.
    very happy with jonny evans also.

would have loved the 2nd goal to relax me.

bring on Southampton away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

amiable wrote: »
    So you won't wager on the full statement you made? Why am i not surprised? Chicken. If you make a statement back it up

Can you read it fully. I said that I will but the fact that you will put a wager on Liverpool not going out of the cup as well says alot about you.

Southampton v United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well done on your win, but as far as Liverpool and our fans go, you just don't get it. But that's ok.

Yeah you gotta be happy with how you peppered our goal.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

TheProdigy wrote: »
    I see the Bulgarian vermin is trying to justify the penalty.

"Whats that dying on the runway, Whats that dying in the snow?,
    Its Matt Busby and his boys making all the fúcking noise cos they can't get the aeroplane to go".

Who let you out into civilised society?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Are the 'Webb is biased' brigade going to ignore the penalties for United he DIDN'T give?[/

He did enough damage in the first half.

The fool let fletcher man handle him at OT against arsenal a few weeks ago and did nothing. Mascharano was sent off at OT for giving out to ref!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The Muppet wrote: »
    Yeah you gotta be happy with how you peppered our goal.;)

You don't get it, but that's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Liverpool fans can try and please themselves by claiming moral victories in keeping the score to 1-0 but really that team is poor and Kenny, Jose Mourinho or Bill Shankly could do nothing with them. Time to clear out and build again. Liverpool fans will need to have patience as it will take at least two years to rebuild and may need to sell Reina and Torres to help fund a rebuilding project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Was just listening to 5live on the radio, commentator said Gerrard may face up to a 5 game ban if the FA decide it warrants one. Surely that can't be the case, it should only be a 3 game ban, think he has his wires crossed somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

FatherTed wrote: »
    Liverpool fans can try and please themselves by claiming moral victories in keeping the score to 1-0 but really that team is poor and Kenny, Jose Mourinho or Bill Shankly could do nothing with them. Time to clear out and build again. Liverpool fans will need to have patience as it will take at least two years to rebuild and may need to sell Reina and Torres to help fund a rebuilding project.

Thank god you enlightened us :D, we'd never have realised that.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Did we not establish Shelvey got the ball and then Giggs went over his leg?

Wasn't there a good shout for one on Evans? I don't think ITV bothered to replay it post-match but when they replayed the chaos in the box it looked one and even the commentators acknowledged as much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement