Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What happened to the Mod warning in post 216? There's a free for all going on here. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

we got southamton away wooohoooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Are the 'Webb is biased' brigade going to ignore the penalties for United he DIDN'T give?

Which pens are you talking about? The dive from Evra, or the tussle between Evans and Skertel which in a recent Liverpool game happened 3 times right in front of the ref and nothing was done, or the dive from Giggs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What's the story with Evra puking on the pitch again - that's the second time I've seen him do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Strangely enough given how the game went I'd say both fans are happy with what they say (hear me out).

United looked in control and we can be happy we are in the next round without having to go through the gears. A lot of solid performances from most of our players and PIG was barely tested which says a lot.

Pool were on the back foot right from the off (marginal peno but with contact I think it was the right call) and then your captain did something rash. BUT, from there on (and even after we went in front) your team showed something that was all to missing under Hodgson. It's definitely something for you lot to build on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

spockety wrote: »
    You don't get it, but that's ok.

Not much to get TBH. Cup Comp V United as I said pre match I expected you to play your best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

spockety wrote: »
    You don't get it, but that's ok.

Torres was his usual mopey self, Liverpool punted countless, aimless long balls, Kuyt done his headless chicken routine. A few dozen shots 25+ yards. All change at Liverpool :rolleyes:.

But hey, Kelly & Aurelio were good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Skrtel, raar, he can go in hard anytime!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I thought Liverpool were very good in the second half and Kenny picked the team whch Hogson should of been picking all day long

Also he brought on the right subs and dropping the likes of Ngog and Johnston was very justified

Kenny not pleased with either decision, unsurprisingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Headshot wrote: »
    I thought Liverpool were very good in the second half and Kenny picked the team whch Hogson should of been picking all day long

Also he brought on the right subs and dropping the likes of Ngog and Johnston was very justified

Johnson would have been starting if he was available I would imagine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Which pens are you talking about? The dive from Evra, or the tussle between Evans and Skertel which in a recent Liverpool game happened 3 times right in front of the ref and nothing was done, or the dive from Giggs?

Clutching at straws there aren't you? And Giggs didn't dive. I'd like to see any player stay upright when a tackle comes in like that.

Dalglish in his post-match interview is as myopic as many fans on this thread. No penalty, no sending off, give over Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

What's the story with Evra puking on the pitch again - that's the second time I've seen him do it?

I Read somewhere last week he suffers from severe reflux and causes him discomfort when playing and training, and is often sick when training. You would think it would be sorted by the Doctors at the club, it is a curable condition as far as i know.

mars bar wrote: »
    Johnson would have been starting if he was available I would imagine...

idk Kelly showed why he should be ahead of johnson all day long

at the end of the day ,i dont feel th FA cup is a priority for Liverpool this season, kenny will be judged at the end of the season , personally i hope they finish in the top 4 as i love a CL with LFC in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Clutching at straws there aren't you? And Giggs didn't dive. I'd like to see any player stay upright when a tackle comes in like that.

Dalglish in his post-match interview is as myopic as many fans on this thread. No penalty, no sending off, give over Kenny.

Yep, he should take a leaf out of Fergie book and should be 100% honest in his analysis. :pac:

I Read somewhere last week he suffers from severe reflux and causes him discomfort when playing and training, and is often sick when training. You would think it would be sorted by the Doctors at the club, it is a curable condition as far as i know.
    yeah jeez 40mg of Nexium imo

Yea but the player won the ball so how can it be a pen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

almanu wrote: »
    at the end of the day ,i dont feel th FA cup is a priority for Liverpool this season, kenny will be judged at the end of the season , personally i hope they finish in the top 4 as i love a CL with LFC in it.

It is practically inconcievable at this at this stage.

Even if Chelsea's collapse continued Spurs and City are right there.

Disappointed Dalglish didn't see the Gerrard challenge as a red card but I suppose it was quite soon after the final whistle.

Mom a toss up between Giggs, Rafael and Ferdinand.

One real positive from that game, apart from the result, that 75 odd minutes Evans had will have done him the world of good. Looked very assured and nothing like the indecisive and weak defender he has looked this season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

To be fair, his 'partner' was giving birth - King Kenny - you sly dog;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

personally i hope they finish in the top 4 as i love a CL with LFC in it.

no chance mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

idk Kelly showed why he should be ahead of johnson all day long

Oh he certainly did, no arguing that.

But I doubt he would have got the chance to show that if Johnson was available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

He's got sick a few times before during matches and half time. I have a few friends who always get sick in matches and training also, they;re playing away fine and it never interfered with them but your right in saying that surely it could be treated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

liverpool have a much bigger game wed nite
    away to Blackpool.

there no longer the best team in the land
    they wont be even the best pool in the land.

next sat they play Everton and then they wont be even the best team in the city.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

As they were V Villa,. To be fair 10 v 11 makes it difficult to guage, we'll see in the weeks ahead if Kenny can make the difference.

Torres was poor again and he's the one player Liverpool need to be on top form to make any significat difference IMO.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    To be fair, his 'partner' was giving birth - King Kenny - you sly dog;)

oh right, liverpool are probably lucky then. He shouldnt get near the 1st team again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

J. Marston wrote: »
    Torres was his usual mopey self, Liverpool punted countless, aimless long balls, Kuyt done his headless chicken routine. A few dozen shots 25+ yards. All change at Liverpool :rolleyes:.

But hey, Kelly & Aurelio were good.

But yet it still took a joke of decision for utd to score

Jeepers.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Disappointed Dalglish didn't see the Gerrard challenge as a red card but I suppose it was quite soon after the final whistle.

Mom a toss up between Giggs, Rafael and Ferdinand.

One real positive from that game, apart from the result, that 75 odd minutes Evans had will have done him the world of good. Looked very assured and nothing like the indecisive and weak defender he has looked this season.

He stood and watched replays of it on the monitor by the dugouts right after it happened and there wasn't a budge out of him, he knew it was a red you can be sure of that but he's obviously going to defend Gerrard and stick up for his players especially as he's only in the door.

BERBA wrote: »
    no chance mate
    i know lol. id just love to see a Man u v LFC in a CL final . god that would be footballing nirvana .

i know lol. id just love to see a Man u v LFC in a CL final . god that would be footballing nirvana .

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Pretty average United performance which was more than enough to ease through the game against Liverpools best eleven ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

#15 wrote: »
    Even for you, that's taking paranoia to extremes.

Everyone was just calling him out on the cúntishness of it.

Why am I not surprised that instead of complaining about his post, you complain about people drawing attention to it?

But by quoting it you are making it harder for the mods to get rid of it. If no one quoted it the prodigy's post was edited, he was banned and all was good. But now a few have quoted it, returned personal abuse so now the mods have the task of editing all them posts and maybe even infracting some others for the abuse.

And at the end of it all the prodigy gets the warm fuzzy feeling that all trolls get when they get a reaction.

Could have happened once upon a time only United managed to fúck it up. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ&theme=0AX42CRMsmRFbUy0yYjJjOTUxMC02ZTFiLTRmMGEtYTY4MS04NTQ3NjAzNmYyYzE&ifq

Link for the Man of the Match voting.

As always, open to everyone, just don't be a dick.

Thoughts on the game.....

THought United were quite poor in the first half, very poor on the ball and our own passing put us under pressure far too often.

Thought we improved in that respect in the second half, showing more composure and intelligence on the ball - created a few half decent chances and possibly should have got an extra goal or two.

On the two big decisions.... immediately said it should not have been a penalty. Thought Gerrard was rightly sent off though.

On teh other penalty shouts, I initially thought Giggs should have got one - but replay showed it was a good tackle - and I would also say GIggs did not dive to try to get one either. However, Evans should have had a penalty a couple of minutes beore that, hauled to the ground by the liverpool player in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yea but the player won the ball so how can it be a pen?

I'm asking about Evans? From what I gather from your previous post you don't think it was one because something similar happened in a previous game and wasn't a penalty but that's not exactly a straight answer is it?

noodler wrote: »
    It is practically inconcievable at this at this stage.

Even if Chelsea's collapse continued Spurs and City are right there.

never say never and all that , but four points away from the drop it would be some turn around .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The only trophy i'd like to see liverpool competing for is the championship:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

d22ontour wrote: »
    Pretty average United performance which was more than enough to ease through the game against Liverpools best eleven ?

After being reduced to 10 men after 30 minutes. Before which Liverpool were on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Leicster city 1 man city 0 after 40 seconds on espn should be a great game

The only trophy i'd like to see liverpool competing for is the championship:D

ooooffff felt that one myself :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

noodler wrote: »
    Are the 'Webb is biased' brigade going to ignore the penalties for United he DIDN'T give?
    Did we not establish Shelvey got the ball and then Giggs went over his leg?

Isn't that the point?

IF he was biased he would have taken the opportunity to give the peno when there was none.

d22ontour wrote: »

Really you mean you missed a player being sent off after 30 mins and Utd unable to put a 10 man team to bed?

I'm asking about Evans? From what I gather from your previous post you don't think it was one because something similar happened in a previous game and wasn't a penalty but that's not exactly a straight answer is it?

It happens in a lot of games and nothing happens refs are not going to change that mid season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

TheProdigy wrote: »
    Typical United scum, well done United he is really one of your own now.

What goes around come around, I take it your ok with this though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Really? We didn't get footballing nirvana today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Really you mean you missed a player being sent off after 30 mins and Utd unable to put a 10 man team to bed?

United didn't have to though, Liverpool offered nothing going forward before or after the red card.Some nice huff and puff spirit i think you call it...

Did you miss the result? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Berbatov: "Of course it was a penalty. There was contact, enough to make me lose my balance and make me lose my balance. People who know me know I don't go down that easily. I thought their keeper was the best player, but one goal was enough in the end."

If thats the case the chap probably can't leave his house for fear of getting floored by a light breeze.

I'm not particularly bitter about the peno there was slight contact and plenty players would go down in that situation, but I don't know how he can claim he didn't go down easily.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement