Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Trilla wrote: »
    Sorry I'm stupid forgive me

Who got man of the match on UTV?

Berbatov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This thread is continuing to provide some real comedy moments. Keep it up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its funny watching how touchy all the United lads are getting about it. I seem to have hit a nerve.
    A nerve around the funny bone maybe?

I think you're mixing up people laughing at you with people getting touchy They're not annoyed, they're amused and to be ahonest cringing a bit on your behalf as well.

Why would we be annoyed at you reminding us how long you've been irrelevant?

Why would Jamie Carragher taking the fact that you've been so irrelevant not to have challenged Fergie until 2009 as a way to make a failed attempt at scoring points off Fergie strike a nerve with us?

Whwn your own fans are telling you to stop because you're embarrassing them, its time to stop stumpy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

I sense a grammar \ definition war coming on!

I lol'd!

Anyways great weekend for United for their league challenge. Extra games for two of the big 5. Arsenal and City have to play again, and Chelsea are still in the cup. Maybe the 7-0 will give them confidence and the kick they need to move on.

Did he? He was good but I thought there was better out there

I thought Rafael had a very good game, good little player, tough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Sorry I'm stupid forgive me

king kenny:p

flahavaj wrote: »
    A nerve around the funny bone maybe?

I think you're mixing up people laughing at you with people getting touchy They're not annoyed, they're amused and to be ahonest cringing a bit on your behalf as well.

Why would we be annoyed at you reminding us how long you've been irrelevant?

Why would Jamie Carragher taking the fact that you've been so irrelevant not to have challenged Fergie until 2009 as a way to make a failed attempt at scoring points off Fergie strike a nerve with us?

Whwn your own fans are telling you to stop because you're embarrassing them, its time to stop stumpy.

Hit a nerve with you Fla by the sounds of it.

I'm sure theres some posts somewhere you haven't thanked yet. Honestly, you throw thanks around like condoms at a brothel. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm sure theres some posts somewhere you haven't thanked yet. Honestly, you throw thanks around like condoms at a brothel. :pac:

What kind of brothel do you go to that they throw condoms around?

That's just nasty.

Also puzzled by how berb got man of the match, should have been Raf i think.

Edit: I'd like to thank Fla's thanks of the quoted post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Yes the nerve that makes me laugh.

I have a lot to be thankful for. I support United.

since 1999 i reckon:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Pro. F wrote: »
    Football absolutely has to introduce video referees.

All strikers would have dived in Berba's position.

The sport turns honest players into dishonest ones.
    I'm amazed that people can spend so much of their lives watching a sport and carry on such a lengthy argument about a particular incident without actually reading the laws.
    Whether contact was made or not is not important.
    Whether Berb dived or not does not change it from being a penalty.

Well done.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Berbatov got it. Should have been either Giggs or Kelly tho IMO, maybe Reina

lordgoat wrote: »
    What kind of brothel do you go to that they throw condoms around?

That's just nasty.

Also puzzled by how berb got man of the match, should have been Raf i think.

Very odd decision.

What on earth has happened to Fletcher?

Amen to that.

BERBA wrote: »
    since 1999 i reckon:pac:

How's the accountancy going? :D

The Muppet wrote: »
    How's the accountancy going? :D

il let you know as soon as robbie keane has left the building for 7m;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Well done.;)

Those two posts support each other.

It's actually kind of complicated because I fully believe that the laws would have to be changed (tightened up) if video refs came in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Berbatov got it. Should have been either Giggs or Kelly tho IMO, maybe Reina

I thought the two right fulls had great games, Kenny should be looking to play him a bit more.

Those two posts support each other.

It's actually kind of complicated because I fully believe that the laws would have to be changed (tightened up) if video refs came in.

I read your earlier post as saying the decision was wrong and would have been reversed if video evidence was in play. You indicated Berba was dishonest.

I read your earlier post as saying the decision was wrong and would have been reversed if video evidence was in play.

I think these are my two posts on the subject: 1 and 2

I do think it would have been not a penalty if there was video reffing. But I also strongly believe that video reffing could not be brought in without a change to the letter of the law.

I think that by the spirit of the law it wasn't a penalty but by the letter of the law it was. Video technology could bring the two closer together imo. And also take all the crazy impossible pressure off the referees.

I think these are my two posts on the subject: 1 and 2

I do think it would have been not a penalty if there was video reffing. But I also strongly believe that video reffing could not be brought in without a change to the letter of the law.

I think that by the spirit of the law it wasn't a penalty but by the letter of the law it was. Video technology could bring the two closer together imo. And also take all the crazy impossible pressure off the referees.

Too bizarre for me mate, I understand what you are saying but it will never be implemeted nor should it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

What about the laws against simulation?? No matter what way you look at it, it was never ever a pen.

srfc19 wrote: »
    What about the laws against simulation?? No matter what way you look at it, it was never ever a pen.

The law against simulation doesn't say that it's not a penalty. I've checked.

No matter what way you look at it, if you read the laws it was a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just back from this game, 17 pages in and I've had enough. Please show me what contact Agger made with the ball. Anyone who thinks it wasn't a red needs their head examined. I'm very surprised we didn't win by more tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Skrtel held back Evans I think. I'll watch it on MOTD.

Yea and it happens lots in games everywhere with out been punished by the refs.

They should start punishing it with pens to get it out of the game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

happened to read this without my ignore fliter on :s retarded.

anyone got a gif of the foul for the penalty?

Just watched the highlights on ITV, stonewall peno on Giggs as well from Jonjo.

RasTa wrote: »

How when Jonjo won the ball 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Not a chance.
    Challenge on Evans perhaps, never Giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Not a chance.

Don't mean to be a scald, but has anyone got a link/vid to this Evans challenge?

I remember looking at the Giggs tackle in the replay and thinking it wasn't a pen. in realtime I was screaming for one. But after pen & Stevie G getting the marching orders it would have taking a lot to get another pen (queue the smart comments!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Not a chance.

A-HA! You walked into that one!

Finally a concession, we can move on now :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Don't mean to be a scald, but has anyone got a link/vid to this Evans challenge?

I remember looking at the Giggs tackle in the replay and thinking it wasn't a pen. in realtime I was screaming for one. But after pen & Stevie G getting the marching orders it would have taking a lot to get another pen (queue the smart comments!).

Sorry I don't have a link but my reaction was much the same to the Giggs-Shelvey incident. In real-time it looked a foul but the replay was conclusive, it wasn't.

Have you tried ITV.com or U.TV they might have highlights up on their sights if you can access them

Can you access this http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup/matchhighlights/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Have you tried ITV.com or U.TV they might have highlights up on their sights if you can access them

Can you access this http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup/matchhighlights/

Nope, but thanks anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Never a peno. Shelvey won the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

spockety wrote: »
    Nothing any united fan says will take away from my happiness with that display from Liverpool, delighted with the performance.

Well done on your win, but as far as Liverpool and our fans go, you just don't get it. But that's ok.

The only Liverpool player I was disappointed with today was Torres. The rest dug in despite the added artificial challenges placed before them and gave it a go.

I would disagree with Dalglish taking off Meireiles, but he was spot on to sub Torres when he did. I thought we set up well and played some good stuff between the penalty and sending off. Solid.

Also, our fans were immense. Great belt of YNWA towards the end. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Whether contact was made or not is not important.
    Whether Berb dived or not does not change it from being a penalty.
    if a player commits any
    of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be
    careless, reckless or using excessive force

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
    • trips or attempts to trip an opponent
    • jumps at an opponent
    • charges an opponent
    • strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
    • pushes an opponent
    • tackles an opponent
    • holds an opponent
    • spits at an opponent
    • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own
    penalty area)

Note considered by the referee, not considered by the laws. Webb thinks there is an offence there. There isn't. There is no use in quoting the laws of the game, it doesn't change a thing. It is still open to the interpretation of the individual. Webb gets it wrong.

Life would be so much easier if United fans just admitted they got lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Just looking in here by chance...

Lads get it over with.
    It was a penalty and he didn't dive.
    I imagine no one denies the red card was 100% justified?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Soft Peno but a definite red. Gerrard has been doing that **** for years but he gets a red card for once! United should have pressed on and won by a handy margin. The united of old would have but this team isnt as good..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

jank wrote: »

they should get videos of idiots mouthing "hillsborough" or whatever at anfield to even the score. then both sets of supporters will be able to laugh in a fair and equal way at idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Lol. Did you spend the day drinking yesterday. Never a peno. We where robbed yesterday by the worst ref in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Mister men wrote: »
    Lol. Did you spend the day drinking yesterday. Never a peno. We where robbed yesterday by the worst ref in the game.
    You say robbed as if you actually deserved anything from that game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    You say robbed as if you actually deserved anything from that game?
    He says that after every game IIRC

Anyone who thinks Berbatov dived watch this, especially Mister men.

32 seconds in.

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/107328943

Ref was correct.

jank wrote: »

Yeah they also starting ripping seats up towards the end and wrecked the toilets again! No Munich slogans this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Also, our fans were immense. Great belt of YNWA towards the end. :)

if immense means ripping up seats and throwing them off the top tier down on top of innocent fans then you have reached a new low. I Saw a bunch of united fans having to run down the aisle to evade being hit, trying to leave the ground. Potential for serious injury and a crush. Must have a look around for people posting about it, wonder if anyboy on here was in east lower yesterday and see what happened.

Must have a look around for people posting about it, wonder if anyboy on here was in east lower yesterday and see what happened.

All I could find was
    They were throwing loads of **** from the upper tier (which was always bound to happen) and some coins and **** at us lot in the EL...Except all this achieved was going over us and hitting the disabled fans. Most of whom there were their own disabled fans. Which was clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yeah they also starting ripping seats up towards the end and wrecked the toilets again! No Munich slogans this time.

Did you manage to sing your Hysel and hillsborough songs though, hiding behind all them stewards

niallo27 wrote: »
    Did you manage to sing your Hysel and hillsborough songs though, hiding behind all them stewards

Yup, hiding behind a big steward whilst sticking my thumb to my noise and wiggling my fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Mister men wrote: »

So players are now allowed to go and kick opposition players in the legs(twice) instead of getting the ball:eek: Dream on it was a clear cut penalty.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement