Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

doc_17 wrote: »
    The condescension (that's when you talk down to people) in this thread is marvelous!

Ah irony. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Ah irony. :)

Thats_the_joke.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cannot wait for this...

Form goes out the window in derby games, and with the new manager/Dalglish factors in play, a Pool win is quite possible.

However on paper and in theory you'd have to fancy United obviously.

I'll be nervous anyway, needless to say! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dave! wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this...

Form goes out the window in derby games, and with the new manager/Dalglish factors in play, a Pool win is quite possible.

However on paper and in theory you'd have to fancy United obviously.

I'll be nervous anyway, needless to say! :D

Fearing a Liverpool win much more after the events of the last 24 hours.

A draw would be horrible as well, with the two postponed league games, the fixture list is already very congested, without a replay to contend with also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

devilandliver_design.jpg

To be fair

69c97afc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Bow to the word of the Lord

I give you............

The Story of The Kopites

2yvtelt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

TheTownie wrote: »

I give you............

The Story of The Kopites

2yvtelt.jpg

I'm in bits laughing at that. Nice one, la.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Genius. The Berlusconians is quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

TheTownie wrote: »

I give you............

The Story of The Kopites

last two lines are classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'm guessing that was taken from the Cafe. I loved the Rafa post the other day from RAWK:
    The difference between Mourinho and Rafa is the difference between Alexander The Great and Julius Caesar.

One strived for fame and built an empire that only lasted during his lifetime, once he went it all fell apart. Short-term it was, nothing was left afterwards for continuation. Not the affection of the populace or of he generals to continue on his legacy.

The other strengthened what he was given and tried to build a dynasty, in the end he lost the battle with his life but ultimately in time he won the war and which led to an empire lasting centuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Le King wrote: »
    I'm guessing that was taken from the Cafe. I loved the Rafa post the other day from RAWK:

You guessed right ;)

One of my fav lines is "Now the bounty of the Lords is gone, for he hath spunked it on absolute garbage." :D Quality !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

It sickens me to look back over this thread and see no mention of the anniversary that happens to fall on the same day as this match. The anniversary of an event that each of us will look back upon in years to come and say we were there to witness it. A day when the actions of a single man ended the hopes and dreams of so many. Almost seven hundred and thirty days ago, the world watched, in shocked silence. The day when rafa read out his list of fachts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

United, United!

Glory glory man united. And the reds to marching on, on, on!

I hope.we. Beat those scouse bastards! Screw king Jenny, they will still be ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

United, United!

I hope.we. Beat those scouse bastards! Screw king Jenny, they will still be ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Lol @ king jenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It sickens me to look back over this thread and see no mention of the anniversary that happens to fall on the same day as this match. The anniversary of an event that each of us will look back upon in years to come and say we were there to witness it. A day when the actions of a single man ended the hopes and dreams of so many. Almost seven hundred and thirty days ago, the world watched, in shocked silence. The day when rafa read out his list of fachts.

The day he took on Ferguson and called a spade a spade!! Poor old Alex didn't have a f*cking iota what to say. When questioned on the Sunday, he looked ashen faced.

But it turned it out ok, cos he stuck his arm firmly up Allardyce's rectum and told him what to do when we beat Blackburn.

That was the last time i saw Ferguson give a sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

money to made on this one!
    9/2
    its like buying money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Manchester United to win 2-1 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Le King wrote: »

Sure Rafa was a joke!! How come you's are still discussing him on 'Redcafe'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

All the threads going about Lfc at the moment and still Rafa gets a mention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I wonder how Kenny will line up? 442 or 4231?

My real worry is that he'll give Gerrard his preferred roaming role behind Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mars bar wrote: »
    United, United!

Drunk madam? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

All the threads going about Lfc at the moment and still Rafa gets a mention

Rafa is like the Antichrist when it comes to utd fans, they hate him, it all stems down from the manager, rafa got to him, he bothered him, he got under his skin and that is a FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Obsessed much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

People getting side tracked from the thread topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

People getting side tracked from the thread topic.

Fact? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Looking forward to this game hard to call a result, not much between the teams on a good day like this, can see a nice draw for a replay in Anfield happening.

So will be very defensive from Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is SAF playing a strong 11? Given that RH and his team did all the prep for this tie Dalglish input will be fairly minimal (until half time which could see quite a change).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

niallo27 wrote: »
    Rafa is like the Antichrist when it comes to utd fans, they hate him, it all stems down from the manager, rafa got to him, he bothered him, he got under his skin and that is a FACT.

Really? :confused:

The one time they actually challenged United, United won the league.

In 12 league games, Liverpool only won 3 games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

SantryRed wrote: »
    Really? :confused:

The one time they actually challenged United, United won the league.

In 12 league games, Liverpool only won 3 games.

I think United supporters, well the ones I know anyway, felt terribly disgusted after Liverpool won the CL in 2005. Stems from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I doubt even you believe this Niall.

I doubt Ferguson really gave a shíte about Rafa Challenging for the title, it's mainly the facht he was an annoying whingy little shít week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

AHH Bless, if it give's you some sort of comfort to believe that **** work ahead but if you believe that United fans or any other fans for that matter are in any way in awe of Rafa you're sadly deluded.

All it indictate's is that the cult of rafa is still intact and TBH I gotta give the guy credit for pulling the wool over so may peoples eyes regarding his failures for so long, even if it is only a section of liverpool supporters.

I see it's bubbling up nicely for the game. Looking forward to this one even if it is only the FA CUP. I expect Liverpool Players to actually try today but even so we should still be too strong for them but anything can happen in cup games so fingers crossed.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I doubt even you believe this Niall.

I doubt Ferguson really gave a shíte about Rafa Challenging for the title, it's mainly the facht he was an annoying whingy little shít week in week out.

It began when Ferguson sent Benitez a tactical breakdown of Liverpools success in CL 2005, which Benitez laughed at. That and the fact Ferguson realised he'll never get past Liverpools 5 CL wins probably annoyed him.

The disgusting pre-meditated collusion with Allardyce showed Ferguson up as the person he is. Highlighted recently by recalling players from Preston after his son was sacked.

It began when Ferguson sent Benitez a tactical breakdown of Liverpools success in CL 2005, which Benitez laughed at. That and the fact Ferguson realised he'll never get past Liverpools 5 CL wins probably annoyed him.

The disgusting pre-meditated collusion with Allardyce showed Ferguson up as the person he is. Highlighted recently by recalling players from Preston after his son was sacked.

Liverpool have only 1 champions league win compared to Uniteds 2.

The european cup was a completely different competition, you're probably too young to remember that though.

The Muppet wrote: »

The european cup was a completely different competition, you're probably too young to remember that though.

Great post.

• Advertisement

Great post.

Thanks . I though so too.

Poor comeback, but I suppose even you can't argue with the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You cant handle the truth.............boo hoo blah blah blah.

this place will be a sh1t storm by 3.30 ish, I trust at least two mods will be on duty.

Thanks . I though so too.

Poor comeback but I suppose even you can't argue with the truth.

I couldn't be bothered arguing with a child. Sorry.

mike65 wrote: »
    You cant handle the truth.............boo hoo blah blah blah.

this place will be a sh1t storm by 3.30 ish, I trust at least two mods will be on duty.

I think it may be all hands on deck considering the build up it's getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Yea and Liverpool have never won the premiership either maybe thats why they are trying to get relegated so they can be kings of the 1st divison with king Jenny although even that may be beyond them

• Advertisement

Yea and Liverpool have never won the premiership either maybe thats why they are trying to get relegated so they can be kings of the 1st divison with king Jenny although even that may be beyond them

The name shadowcomplex does you too much service. King Jenny? Really, you can surely do better than that.

The name shadowcomplex does you too much service. King Jenny? Really, you can surely do better than that.

A sentence I reckon you have applied to your team for the past 20 years, I could do alot better but Id probably get banned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Christ, any chance we can just start a new thread and leave all the shít talk in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

i must try get to the bookies and put €10 on vidic to be sent off :D
    he has been sent off in three of his last five games against Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

monkey9 wrote: »
    The day he took on Ferguson and called a spade a spade!! Poor old Alex didn't have a f*cking iota what to say.

Nothing needed to be said, Liverpool drew with Stoke and the rest as they say is history. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

How about:

King Kennel Dogleash

That any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Looks like it's VDS, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Berba, Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

monkey9 wrote: »
    The day he took on Ferguson and called a spade a spade!! Poor old Alex didn't have a f*cking iota what to say. When questioned on the Sunday, he looked ashen faced.

But it turned it out ok, cos he stuck his arm firmly up Allardyce's rectum and told him what to do when we beat Blackburn.

That was the last time i saw Ferguson give a sh!t.

Isn't it funny that the only ones who think Rafa didn't make a plonker of himself that day are a minority of Pool fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Looks like it's VDS, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Berba, Rooney.

Apparently Rooney Berb and VDS weren't on the bus, duno whats up with that, maybe had alternative travel arrangements?

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

im liking it, no BS from ferguson hes going for the throat today, thats about as attacking as you could get

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement