Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Cyclo Cross Championships predictions

• 06-01-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Who's going to claim the jersey this year, will there be any suprises?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Robin Seymour followed by Roger Aiken who may even win as it's supposed to a fast course and that tends to limit Robins frankly astounding technical skills..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Is Ryan Sherlock taking part?
    Otherwise, Robin Seymour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Ryan arrived in Gran Canaria yesterday so I'd be suprised if we see him on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Of course it will be Cait Elliott for the ladies anyway.:D... Go Cait Go !!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Even if Ryan was there my money would still be on Robin. sorry Ryan ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Cycling Ulster Robin Seymour wins gold, Evan Ryan second and Conor Campbell took 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

Top three as I predicted...(not on here!) Great race... blow my own trumpet time but 20 years ago Robin won his first nationals and I crossed the line with him side by side and won the junior race. 20 years wathcing him racing and I've never seen him as quick as he was yesterday. The gun went and he was away..half way through the first lap he had pulled 20-30 seconds on the rest of the field. Each lap after that he was increasing his lead by 20 seconds a lap. Great rides by both Conor and Evan and as a team mate delighted to see Evan take second after quite a few races of mechanical problems. It was a great year for cyclocross. Bigger and better than ever and really looking forward to next season now as are all the other riders.

17th National title for Robin in cross.... probably 14 or 15 in mountain biking. Is he the most dominent national champion in any cycling discipline ever in this country? He was also downhill champion once upon a time..!

Advertisement