Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

natural remedy for migraine?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

yanno the way ginger is good for an upset stomach, or water is usually good for a headache etc, does anyone have any little natural remedies for migraine?

...Im not lookin for medication here, just food/drink etc that is helpful to migraine to save taking tablets all the time.

thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Feverfew is a herbal remedy for Migraine.

I've used it, pick a few leaves crush them in your hands and breathe in the vapour.

http://www.altnature.com/gallery/feverfew.htm

Hunt for it in hegderows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Peppermint oil might help - add a few drops to a carrier oil such as almond oil and massage a small amount into your forehead.

Wont stop you getting one, but might help with the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 28,571 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Camomile (feverfew) tea is good, but it won't completely clear a migrain on its own - for me anyway.

Best solution is to find the trigger. For me it is chocolate, even quite a small amount. Now I do not eat chocolate at all, not even white chocolate. Also red wine and red grapes. With these completely removed from my diet I have not had a migraine in several years - apart from the one before I realised about the red grapes and ate quite a lot of them! Avoiding chocolate can be quite difficult, not because I want it, but because there is just so much of it around.

Advertisement