Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opponents quitting mid-games in Fifa

• 06-01-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Really getting vexed at this now.
    I reckon about 75% of the games that I now get to finish online are the ones that I actually lose.

Still playing 2010 at the moment - not bothered to buy 2011 because of this problem.

Is there anyway to send the lads that quit during the games a "friendly message" to highlight my annoyance?

Not sure if it's possible to send a messeage after the break the connection on their side?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

dinnyman wrote: »
    I reckon about 75% of the games that I now get to finish online are the ones that I actually lose.

Still playing 2010 at the moment - not bothered to buy 2011 because of this problem.

Is there anyway to send the lads that quit during the games a "friendly message" to highlight my annoyance?

Not sure if it's possible to send a messeage after the break the connection on their side?

Thanks

They'll show up in your Recently Seen players (its beside your friend list). You can then leave them bad reputation as well, for quitting early. It doesn't do much though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dinnyman

mcgovern wrote: »
    They'll show up in your Recently Seen players (its beside your friend list). You can then leave them bad reputation as well, for quitting early. It doesn't do much though :(

Thanks. I'll do that.

Not worried about the bad reputation bit. It's more about wanting to call them %^$£s than anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's pretty pathetic, I dunno why people play the game online if they can't stand losing. If you're 6-0 down and your opponent is literally taking the piss out of you I could kind of understand it, still wouldn't do it myself though.

It's just really annoying when some asshole quits as soon as they go 2 goals down, or they make a stupid tackle and get a player sent off early on and just quit straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Thanks. I'll do that.

Not worried about the bad reputation bit. It's more about wanting to call them %^$£s than anything else!
    Thing is that they can complain about you if you give them guff after they quit (like if you send a message or something). That would mean that you end up getting a ban for their messing as well.

Best thing is to Avoid the player: Gives them Bad Rep (oh no! :rolleyes:) and means that you're less likely to see them again.

For FIFA 10 and 11, I think there's an option that you can set when matchmaking that allows you to specify the DNF% - which means that if you set it low enough you should only get people who actually finish games (even when they're getting trounced).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

I have a generic msg saved bcaus this thing is rife on cod where the host can dash board and crash the game

"go and **** off you dash boarding jew cnut wanker i hope you get the super aids and die"

makes me feel better if nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I feel your pain. I have FIFA 10 and I haven't played it online in maybe 7 months. Like you I hardly ever got to win online simply because the opponents I was beating quit before the end so I never got the credit for winning. It's easily one of the most futsrating on-line gaming experiences I've ever had. I never quit when I got beat. The last straw was when one guy beat me 4-0, and he offered a rematch, probably to boost his ranking as he thought I'd be easy to stuff again. In the rematch with him 2-0 down in 80 min, he quit. I never played it online again after that. I think my record of completed games online was something 75% defeats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks

Don't waste your time man, FIFA players online has the highest proportion of w@nkers of any game I play online by a considerable distance.

It's probably the main reason I gave up playing the game expect for vs friends.

Remember, if you send an offensive message, they can report you to Microsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

things to remember: if he quits before the 5 min mark, you dont get the win. i dont even try to score before the 5 min mark anymore.

if he quits after then, you get the win, usually either a 3-0 or if you were winning by more, that score. so its not all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

bubbleking wrote: »
    makes me feel better if nothing else

untill they report you for that message and you may end up getting a ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Ya ive same problem i cant understand it, my lil cousin was playing it last week before i got home and he was 8-0 down at half time with 2 players sent off, and handed me the controller when i walked in, i didnt want annoy the guy so i finished off the game, i would never leave early, cant understand why anyone would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Sometimes, it is network/server fault though, I have been loosing on occasion, and the game will get disconnected. I am not sure what way the points work in that scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    Ya ive same problem i cant understand it, my lil cousin was playing it last week before i got home and he was 8-0 down at half time with 2 players sent off, and handed me the controller when i walked in, i didnt want annoy the guy so i finished off the game, i would never leave early, cant understand why anyone would
    Blaming your ''lil cousin'' for your performance is the oldest excuse in the book :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Blaming your ''lil cousin'' for your performance is the oldest excuse in the book :D

excuse u i have never lost by more then 5 :D
    although he did beat me twice on penalties later...

Advertisement