Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Revision Books etc.**

• 06-01-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hey i'm doing the following subjects.

Irish O
    English H
    Maths O
    French H
    Music H
    Business H
    Economics H
    Geography H
    LCVP C

I'm just wondering should I bother getting revision books for these subjects? Which ones are best?..

The ones in reds I already have these books
    Maths- Revise Wise Paper 1 & 2
    Music- Rapid Revision
    Business- Revise Wise
    Economics- Rapid Revision
    Geography- Revise Wise.

Any other books that would be of use? Looking for 500+ points!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

English- Key Notes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

niamhallen wrote: »
    English- Key Notes

Thanks! I have heard from a few people that this is a good book to get. Does it cover the entire course?. I'm looking for a B2+ in English. I got an A in JC and would be hoping I could get an A2 again! Any tips on how to achieve better results in English?. My teacher is very indecisive regarding grades. I've dropped in essays from an A2 to a C1. :(. So far we've done Patrick Kavanagh, Sylvia Plath, Act I, 2, 3 Hamlet and general comprehensions etc. Would you recommened I keep learning my quotes and practise past exam questions on poetry?. Are the marking schemes of any use in English?. Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Thanks! I have heard from a few people that this is a good book to get. Does it cover the entire course?. I'm looking for a B2+ in English. I got an A in JC and would be hoping I could get an A2 again! Any tips on how to achieve better results in English?. My teacher is very indecisive regarding grades. I've dropped in essays from an A2 to a C1. :(. So far we've done Patrick Kavanagh, Sylvia Plath, Act I, 2, 3 Hamlet and general comprehensions etc. Would you recommened I keep learning my quotes and practise past exam questions on poetry?. Are the marking schemes of any use in English?. Thanks! :D

It covers paper two. It does all the poets and a comparative (but that differs as you know) and Hamlet. Worth its weight in gold. I wouldn't be too worried about what grade your teacher gives you, just keep churning out something.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nuggetclv

Revise Wise for Irish OL is really good.

niamhallen wrote: »
    It covers paper two. It does all the poets and a comparative (but that differs as you know) and Hamlet. Worth its weight in gold. I wouldn't be too worried about what grade your teacher gives you, just keep churning out something.
    Awh great thanks!. We haven't started our comparative yet we don't have a novel or anything. I got a B3 in my Christmas exam and it really annoyed me, I thought I was at the very least a B1 student. However I was talking to my sister who had the very same (ancient) teacher. She constantly handed her good work and never recieved anything higher than a D1. She got a B3 in the Leaving with no study at all. Sure you can't really study for English except Quotes from Hamlet and Poets can you?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Hey i'm doing the following subjects.

Irish O
    English H
    Maths O
    French H
    Music H
    Business H
    Economics H
    Geography H
    LCVP C

Irish - pass level ,no revision book needed!
    English - key notes all the way.
    Maths - pass no revision book needed.
    French - folens book ,very good.
    Music-too easy.
    Business - shortcuts to success.
    Economics - stick with rapid revision.
    Geography- Sue Honan , Exam skills = A.

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    French - folens book ,very good.

Is that rapid revision French?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I need a bit of advice here too. Just want to know what the best books to get would be if I decide I need them after the mocks. At Higher level I'm doing...

English
    Irish
    Engineering
    Geography
    Art
    Biology
    Music

Thanks!

Advertisement