Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 to amp

• 06-01-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

anyone know how to connect a 360 to an amp?
    i have hdmi to the tv but would like to watch movies with sound thru the amp, any way to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

jamesbil wrote: »
    anyone know how to connect a 360 to an amp?
    i have hdmi to the tv but would like to watch movies with sound thru the amp, any way to do this?

There should be an optical out on the back of your xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

the big one above the hdmi?
    cant plug both in at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

you can buy a slimmer version of the cable that will allow you to use HDMI and Optical out.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I cracked open the grey casing on the optical multi av cable and use the hdmi aswell.

I've got optical going to my 5.1 amp and two channel rca to my stereo for music ,works a treat.

• Advertisement

have got an adapter like that, but it means you have scart to tv, and sound to amp,
    im after the hdmi to tv for pic quality and sound to amp for sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Do you not just connect the X BOX HDMI to the amp an then the AMP to the TV via HDMI OUT,
    I have X Box, PS3, PC and Media Box to the AMP all VIA HDMI and then just the 1 cable to the TV ????

have got an adapter like that, but it means you have scart to tv, and sound to amp,
    im after the hdmi to tv for pic quality and sound to amp for sound quality.

You can use a knife to prise open the casing on the big connection ,once the plastic is off on the hdmi side ,the hdmi cabe will fit in. I usually put the hdmi cable in first and then slide in the big connection on top of it.

sorry but im not that advanced technologically yet!
    my amp only has phono connections

Ahh getchya, could you not get a VGA X Box Connector and put the 2 phono's to the AMP and the VGA to the TV, will hold the same quality of pic as the HDMI ??

• Advertisement

The connection nightrider gave is the best way then ,all the work is done for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Get a phono to jack cable, connect the jack end to the headphone output of the TV and connect the red/white phono ends to the red/white connectors on the amp, all audio from the TV & devices connected through HDMI/Scart/Component or otherwise will now output to the amp :D

Smithzer wrote: »
    Ahh getchya, could you not get a VGA X Box Connector and put the 2 phono's to the AMP and the VGA to the TV, will hold the same quality of pic as the HDMI ??

that is the setup i had on the old telly, and for a while on the new LG, just got a hdmi, and the quality is far superior to scart.

think the headphone to amp may be the only way, and just pull it out for normal tv watching.

that is the setup i had on the old telly, and for a while on the new LG, just got a hdmi, and the quality is far superior to scart.

think the headphone to amp may be the only way, and just pull it out for normal tv watching.

Sure your TV dosnt have one of these ?
    VGA_in.jpg

yeah, for a monitor? is it as good qual as hdmi?

yeah, for a monitor? is it as good qual as hdmi?

They say its more or less the same, I used to run a VGA for my X Box and it was fine but now I have the amp so everything is through that via HDMI.

What Model is your TV, you might have Component Audio Out on it which you could hook up directly to the Amp.

tv is the LG LE5300
    if i use the component out will everything always be thru amp?

tv is the LG LE5300
    if i use the component out will everything always be thru amp?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

why cant you just do the simple way of component to tv and composite cables to the amp, leave the hdmi out of it? unless your xbox is a newer one and only came with the crappy composite.

because the pic quality of hdmi is far better than the scart.

• Advertisement

because the pic quality of hdmi is far better than the scart.

Theres not a whole lot of difference in component and hdmi ,component is Red,Green and Blue ,not yellow.

Xbox360_Component_Cable.jpg

Edit: Not sure if your amp has optical ,but you could run optical out from Tv to your amp if you use hdmi.

Advertisement