Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C Birds

• 06-01-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Most taken through my back window. (they fly away the second you open the window....)

1. The Black Crow. I added the noise, like the effect

5308000040_4b05f02d4d.jpg

2. Feeding Time

5308045384_33b9e9ca34.jpg

3. Some random bird

5271578390_3e5ab47f1a.jpg

4. You talkin to me?

5290827231_2135a18b61_b.jpg

5. Food fight. I could have edited out the bird feeder but I left it in so you can see what they're fighting over.

5284871777_d404332e89_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Ah yes, feathered friends :)

Nice shots, I particularly like the tit (blue tit?) in the 3rd shot, that's a really nice photograph, IMO.

I quite like the first one, but I think positioning the rook (not a crow :) ) a bit to either side, to not have him sit slam bang in the middle of the frame, would have made for a nicer composition.

No. 4 is lovely, too, I like the composition and the trees hanging in at the top of the shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

3 is great. Better than the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I love the guy in the second one, what a cool dude :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

what lens are you using for those pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

My Pentax 18-250mm lens. At longest focal length for most of them and cropped a bit. The feeding ones and the 'blue tit' are shot through my kitchen window, they were quiet close, just on hand rail of my back decking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Are you sure they're birds? They don't look like they're falling out of the sky, dead. =O

Some of them are downright pretty and lifelike, even! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

# 3 is my fav. Excellent. # 2 with a little less handrail. All nice shots. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I like 4 the best - did you crop afterwards or is that the original framing? Faster shutter speed might (I stress might) have made the 5th a little better, but you might lose the drama of the wingflapping. Nice close-in pics though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Nice set.

In terms of "pure" wildlife, I like #3 the best. A good close up, with great DOF.

For the cute factor you can't beat #2, spot on.

#5 is a great action shot, it would have been nice to see both birds faces, but its not like you can go out and ask them to turn to the side :D

#1 and #4 are my favourite though. Central cropping can be "iffy" at times, but with #1 I think it really works. And I really like #4. The angle of the birds, the empty sky beneath, the trees on top.

Advertisement