Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entitlements

• 06-01-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello,

Wonder can anyone help, i have been working for the last 8 years and have now taking redundancy. I am about to claim job seekers benifit which is €188 a week but some people say i can claim my prsi contributions (stamps) also. How does this work and how much will it pay me?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Without being funny mate get yourself into the Citizens Advice bureau

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

lori88 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Wonder can anyone help, i have been working for the last 8 years and have now taking redundancy. I am about to claim job seekers benifit which is €188 a week but some people say i can claim my prsi contributions (stamps) also. How does this work and how much will it pay me?
    Thanks in advance

Same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lori88

i plan on doing so tommorrow just looking for information on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Hi there

I am in a very similar situ to you - worked 9 years, made redundant in december. Got my first JSB payment end of dec. The 188e per week is your stamps. You get that for a year and aren't means tested. After that you go on to the means-tested Jobseekers Allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lori88

Hi there

I am in a very similar situ to you - worked 9 years, made redundant in december. Got my first JSB payment end of dec. The 188e per week is your stamps. You get that for a year and aren't means tested. After that you go on to the means-tested Jobseekers Allowance.

Oh i see I thought it was an extra payment as i remember my dad is claiming JSB and he's recieving €260 and he said something about stamps? I must have it all wrong!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nnn10

I have recieved a letter for JS A regarding my next signing date
    also they have mean tested all my and my spouse income and they said a letter regarding payment detail will be issued shortly , so it has now 23 days passed .
    can anyone help how long does it will take.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

nnn10 wrote: »
    I have recieved a letter for JS A regarding my next signing date
    also they have mean tested all my and my spouse income and they said a letter regarding payment detail will be issued shortly , so it has now 23 days passed .
    can anyone help how long does it will take.

thanks

How long is a piece of string?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nnn10

hi i didn't get u what do u mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It could take any amount of time, you application should be with the deciding office.

It could be worth calling to the dole office just in case the need more info / lost everything.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?
    tenchi fan if you dont want to help why dont you log-off.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

lori88 wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks in advance
    lori your jobseekers benefit of 188euro is your stamps. if you like you are now getting the "benefit" of the prsi (previously referred to as stamps) as pointed out above you will get this every week for a year. you will "sign on" in your local SW office. you will at all times be looking for available for and fit for full-time work. if you want to go away for a holiday you must give SW notice as if you were stll at work. if you are living with a spouse or partner you may be able to "claim" for them under certain circumstances. likewise if you are the parent of a child, again only under certain circumstances. you are not entitled to fuel allowance. if your redundancy lump sum came to over 50000euro and you are under 55 you may be penalised some weeks jb. when the year is almost up you will be invited to be means-tested got a jobseekers allowance payment, if you have not got a job by then. this is because you will have exhausted the benefit of your prsi contributions and you no longer have an automatic entitlement to a payment. at this stage they will need to see bank accounts etc. plus if you live with a spouse/partner who works, then they're payslips will have to be produced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    tenchi fan if you dont want to help why dont you log-off.:mad:

mrsbyrne if you have an issue with a post please report it - do not drag thread off topic by replying on thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

amiable wrote: »
    Without being funny mate get yourself into the Citizens Advice bureau

+1 to the above.

These people know more about state benefits and entitlements,than the bloody social wellfare people at the end of the phone or in the offices know.

Advertisement