Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone here collect old cameras

• 06-01-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

anybody here collect old cameras as i've an old passport photo polaroid camera that a collector of strange cameras may appreciate that i'd like to pass on.

i don't know if it works and it needs a bit of a clean

IMG_6095.jpg

you'd have to collect it off me in dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Ooo! me! Can collect whenever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

godamnit ! If Sinead doesn't make it 'for some reason'* I bagsie it !

*there's no implied threat here. None at all. Oh no. I mean your ankle could, y'know, just ... break ! shame ... shame ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Dammit - beaten by the usual suspects :(

Well, in the evermore unlikely event them two won't take it off your hands: me! me! me! oooooooo,pick Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

for those who like old cameras, there's a zeiss ikon contessa LK in the window in the dublin camera exchange at the moment - i'm not sure if the lightmeter is working perfectly though.

This is Mark after I had to break the news to him that we're NOT getting a camera with four lenses.

5226826369_7ba06022f4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

If anyone needs advise using one as a passport camera, let me know. I used to do passport photos at the lab I worked in with one of those.
    Because it's a Polaroid.. getting the image wrong can be costly!

Hopefully you'll be using it for more artistic endeavours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'd love it if the others can't get it.

I was bidding on one for ages on eBay, and ended up nearly getting scammed with it :-/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

sNarah wrote: »
    Dammit - beaten by the usual suspects :(

Well, in the evermore unlikely event them two won't take it off your hands: me! me! me! oooooooo,pick Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You do realise that you have the power to alter reality here. Just delete/edit the posts above you and Bingo! You magically become the top bidder. :pac:

There has to be some perks to this job other than just Coke & Hookers.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I'd love it if the others can't get it.

I was bidding on one for ages on eBay, and ended up nearly getting scammed with it :-/

I was looking for one for ages aswell, at a reasonable price :-) You can take 4 different shots on the one sheet by only uncovering one of the lens at a time. I had plans...

Yeah, they're really nice things - I'd a shoot I wanted to do on it, ended up 'shopping it together :-/

Ah well. I know where Sinead goes to college.

<.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

In the lab I worked in we used a digital version of that yoke. Not Polaroid but same job. Boss went on hols and much high jinks were had. Funny thing though, there were 2 boxes of paper missing at the next stocktake.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Never seen a camera that had such a tired, sad face before :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Al, sarah, daire - you're all *more* than welcome to borrow it as often as you want after I get my hands on it :) just give me a shout whenever. that's if Daire can hold corporeal form for long enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Does this mean you will finally get over that "Tammy" incident and the trauma will now fade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

what film does it take? peel apart??

Yep, the peel apart Fuji.
    Al, sarah, daire - you're all *more* than welcome to borrow it as often as you want after I get my hands on it
    Ah no, it's not the same, I'll start bidding again as soon as I see something reasonable priced on eBay, I'm never around long enough to borrow stuff of people these days - Thanks though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That is a beautiful piece of kit... Dam you Sinead :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

i expect sinead to share it around to people who can afford to buy polaroid film

it will need a serious cleaning before any use

Advertisement