Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there any MP3 players out there still using drag and drop?

• 06-01-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    My Zune120 is after dying, with no cocking support from MS, as I bought it in the states, and I'm looking for a replacement. I'm sick to the back teeth of using dedicated software to transfer files, as I have my music collection arranged just the way I like it, and Itunes, Zune software etc all try and rearrange it either on the computer or on the player, and it bugs the fúck out of me.

My old Iriver H340 was a godsend, until it got stolen, I'd love another one of these. Does anyoen know of a player on the market, preferably hard drive based, that doesn't need its own monkeyed up software to move music around?

Cheers,
    WP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Hi Wet Paint,

I bought the OH an Archos vision 2 mp3 player for x-mas- he's not big into his gadgets and loved this cause he just dragged his music files on the laptop into the window for the player. It was very cheap too- 50euros for 8gb. Seems to be a good one. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Most brands are drag and drop, apple and MS are the two biggest exceptions.

Unfortunately for you almost no brands use HDD anymore, Archos's range of bigger, more video-centric players might suit? or there's the beefy cowon X7? otherwise it's going to have to be a 32gb flash player with expandable memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Goddamn, why the change? You'd think as hard drives became so much cheaper and broadband more ubiquituous, that people would have a lot more music to put on their players. I've ~200GB, and forking hate having to choose what to put on the player.

It's for the car, to connect to the head via RCA connectors, I think I might have to build a computer for it instead.
    But I'll look in to those brands, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I just got the new Creative Zen X-Fi Style. Super sound and its drag and drop.

Edit - They also have Creative Zen X-Fi 2 64gb version.

Opr

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

wet-paint wrote: »
    Goddamn, why the change? You'd think as hard drives became so much cheaper and broadband more ubiquituous, that people would have a lot more music to put on their players. I've ~200GB, and forking hate having to choose what to put on the player.

It's for the car, to connect to the head via RCA connectors, I think I might have to build a computer for it instead.
    But I'll look in to those brands, cheers.

I think it's to do with the reliabiliy of solid state storage as opposed to moving parts (HDD). I don't know what the physical limits of flash memory are but SSDs will eventually become cheap and big enough to be used as the default in players I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I'd say so alright, but for now, it blows that all the player brands I like are goign the way of the flash drive.

Advertisement