Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Home Alarm

Options
  • 06-01-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have an Astec Home alarm that was fitted b4 I purchased the house. The front door contact randomly loses its contact usually in the middle of the night when it gives the entry buzzer sound and approx. 30 secs to get to it b4 the alrams goes off. I havent the cash to replace the system so hoping someone has a simple fix. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pouter

You will need to get an installer to replace the contact on the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

banana19 wrote: »
    I have an Astec Home alarm that was fitted b4 I purchased the house. The front door contact randomly loses its contact usually in the middle of the night when it gives the entry buzzer sound and approx. 30 secs to get to it b4 the alrams goes off. I havent the cash to replace the system so hoping someone has a simple fix. Thanks!

I would say your front door contact is gone faulty. The best thing to do is get a replacement contact for the front door and replace it yourself. If you ring a few of the suppliers here you will get one local to you. If you cant get one local let us know and we will point you in the right direction.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

pouter wrote: »
    You will need to get an installer to replace the contact on the front door.
    Very easily changed. No need for an installer for this.
    When you get a replacement (Ensure its Entry exit) turn the plastic screw 90 degrees & removed the lid on the existing contact.
    Align the new contact lid the same way & it will snap onto the existing base.
    No Wiring.
    No Bother.
    No Installer..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

Also ensure when buying the contact it has a blue dot on it, this indicates it is a entry/exit sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 banana19

Job done, no false alarms yet. Thanks.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement