Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage query_what are my chances?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm new to posting here but a longterm observer. My husband and I are hoping to apply for a mortgage for our self build shortly. Does anybody know if the banks are lending again? I am currently in permanent employment earning 45k +10% bonus and have been offered a permanent position in another company earning 57.5k+ 8% bonus. I have accepted this new position.
    My husband is, on the other hand, self employed and like alot of self employed, has struggled in the last year or two.
    We both have loans, I owe 7k *2.5yrs and he owes 7k*1.5 yrs. We would hope to borrow 180k+ and have savings of about 33k.
    We are also currently paying rent of 550€ p.m.
    Can anyone advise what our chances are of getting a mortgage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Fact your in permenent job is a help, seeing you husband is self employed, I think they would probably look for couple of years set of accounts for his business, but from my experience each institution is different and they are lending but they have changed the goal posts in some areas lately

Advertisement