Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid fuel stove and chimney cleaning

• 06-01-2011 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

hi sorry if asked before but..........

i'm installing a blacksmith solid fuel stove with boiler. the forge. it heats up to 10-12 radiators. the existing house has an ordinary open fireplace with a 9" flue.

q1. if i insert the metal 6" flue from the back of teh stove / with bend and up into teh chimney there will be a small gap between original chimney flue and the metal flue. any ideas on what/how to bridge the gap so to speak

q2. anybody experience with these stoves re cleaning the chimney. i was told that a sootbox is not needed as the chimney can be cleaned and accessed through the front door of the stove? is it this straightforward.

many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You clean the flue liner in the chimney with a polypropelene/plastic chimney brush,as this wont damage the inside of the steel/metal liner.;)

Advertisement