Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budvar Dark in Galway

• 06-01-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

First time posting in this forum.

Would anyone here know if it is possible to get Budvar Dark in any offie or pub in or around Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

As far as I am aware its not be imported into the country any more, hope i am wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Hopefully. I've been trying to get my hands on it for a while but no sign of it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

And even more bad news for Galway beer lovers ... Harvest Offlicences which were great for stocking craft beers are going out of business (possibly already closed) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I can find out for you tomorrow morning. I work for Noreast beers and we import Budvar.

The answer is No from my side anyway. We used to bring it in and brought some in for Oktoberfest to try and get some interest but we decided it wasnt worth bringing it in unless we can take in a few pallets of the stuff.

No demand for a few pallets so its off the list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Berty wrote: »
    brought some in for Oktoberfest
    You tried to flog a Czech beer at Oktoberfest? I think I see where the problem might be :p

Sad to see Budvar Dark leave the Irish market. It's a great beer and there aren't nearly enough dark lagers in these parts.

BeerNut wrote: »
    You tried to flog a Czech beer at Oktoberfest? I think I see where the problem might be :p

Sorry, we brought it in during the Oktoberfest time to sell to the trade, not actually at Oktoberfest in Dublin. People's mind would have been programmed around that type of Market so we ran with it. :P
    BeerNut wrote: »
    Sad to see Budvar Dark leave the Irish market. It's a great beer and there aren't nearly enough dark lagers in these parts.

There is a lot of parallel stock being imported by every tom dick and harry wholesaler around the country. Somebody might have it.

Berty wrote: »
    The answer is No from my side anyway. We used to bring it in and brought some in for Oktoberfest to try and get some interest but we decided it wasnt worth bringing it in unless we can take in a few pallets of the stuff.

No demand for a few pallets so its off the list.

Thanks for looking into it anyways.

The search continues... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

News Flash!

I had a couple budvar dunkels in the salthouse last nite and they were on special at a recession bustin €3 each :cool:

First time trying it and i was quite impressed...

fergpie wrote: »
    News Flash!

I had a couple budvar dunkels in the salthouse last nite and they were on special at a recession bustin €3 each :cool:

First time trying it and i was quite impressed...

He broke my heart getting them off me but I managed to get 5 cases of 500ml bottles delivered to him last Thursday. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!! THATS IT......................................

until our Budvar Dunkel Kegs arrive back into the warehouse and then we will get it back into the Salthouse on Draught.

• Advertisement

Gotta get me to the Salthouse! Thanks for the heads up guys.

Advertisement