Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tree Disposal

Options
  • 06-01-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

I live in Dublin 8. Does anyone know if the Council collect Christmas Trees? I know you can bring to a recycling centre but my car is small so ideally i'd throw it out with the rubblish.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

The Council haven't anything specific to your question that I could find on their Web site, but they do provide contact details for the department dealing with rubbish.

Just in case you've not already found the info yourself, here it is:

Dublin City Council
    Environment & Engineering Department
    Civic Offices
    Wood Quay
    Dublin 8 Tel: (01) 222 0200
    Fax: (01) 222 2323
    Email: engineering@dublincity.ie

Good luck in disposing of your tree ... always a bit of a sad task, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

CBFi wrote: »
    I live in Dublin 8. Does anyone know if the Council collect Christmas Trees? I know you can bring to a recycling centre but my car is small so ideally i'd throw it out with the rubblish.

Thanks!

How did you get it to your house in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Think the closest place to Dublin 8 to bring it is Windmill Rd in Crumlin I think, that's where my mam brought ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is also a disposal area in st annes park in raheny

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

If you cut all the branches off and cut them up you can easily fit them into your bin/bag then you just have the trunk to bring to the recycling. Often done this on my bike :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Just looked it up as we need to get rid of ours too and the ballyfermot centre only opens mon-fri. Windmill rd takes them and opens at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

How did you get it to your house in the first place?

Sorry for the long delay. Delivery was part of the price....not collection :rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to just wreck the car and bring it to one of the dumps.

Thanks all!

Advertisement