Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date me?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Right 1st Time

I will go out with you, and see how we get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 wouldyoudateme

I need more information...;)

I'm not getting any joy on that site, so thought to myself Boards might be a better bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

When you need to use parenthesis so much, it means you talk too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Yeah - I'd go out with you.

At least I know you wont be wittering on about some poxy match or have a small dog stuffed into your handbag

• Advertisement

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Would you date me?
    I'm sort of just looking for friends at the moment

Sounds to me like you can't make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

no, you want attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

and when you have 9,547 posts on an anonymous website, it means you don't get out enough

No need to be like that, you're asking for opinions and you've got one. I'd agree with the poster above, there seems to be too much pointless drabble going on. I've no experience with dating sites so I've no idea how much detail one is expected to give. Obviously the more the better, but it seems theres a lot of unnecessary stuff going on in your post.

Why not stick GAA and rugby under your dislikes and leave it at that.

To be honest, I nearly stopped reading after "interviews where the interviewer has those dead, lifeless eyes". To me thats like saying "I dont like it when I get a cup of coffee on a tueday and a little bit spills on the paper when I get to work". Its an unnecessary and very random thing to mention, how often do you go for interviews and, when you do, how often does the interviewer have dead, lifeless eyes?

There is so much going on in those paragraphs, if I was reading it with the intention of considering a candidate for a date, it would give me the impression that I would not get a word in at all on a date, and the one sided conversation would jump from subject to subject so quickly I would not be able to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Personally, I wouldn't.
    All the best though.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Scous_tache

people who proclaim the fact that they are 'glass half-full' types (I like my glass 'whole-full', but have not felt the need to mention it as yet), people who make up words that don't exist...

I think you made up your own word there...

I wouldn't date you as you come across as someone who expects a postive outlook out of their partner yet mostly refers to qualities they don't like in other people when looking for that partner. Can't have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

I knew what you mean being from Munster & being ''assailed'' from all sides by Munster related hype.Where were all these bandwagon jumpers (excluding here Limerick folk& Corkonians;the heartlands of this turgid game) when they were crap?!The constant GAA chat grates too..there's seems no escape from it.Of course,as a male,it's implied you're immediately an oddball if you're not fanatical about both.
    Anyway best of luck to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

To be honest, it comes across in quite a negative tone. This is the first impression you are giving someone and first impressions are very important. I'd mention more positives and less negatives.

Inverted commas are often used with made-up words OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Inverted commas are often used with made-up words OP.

Are you talking to yourself now?

OP = Original Poster i.e. You.

I should have mentioned another thing I don't like: people who cannot read. I am only interested in hearing from positive people who appreciate what I wrote, not people who makes themselves feel better by putting others down. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Go troll a dating site.

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement