Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online gaming - most fustrating experiences?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I've played various kinds of games of multiplayer online over the years. Most of the time it's a highly enjoybale expeirence but the odd time it's a hugely fustrating pain in the ass.

What games have you played online where you just got so pissed off with it?

For me:

FIFA 10
    the amount of times I was winning a game online on this, only during the 2nd half, opposing player suddenly disconnected so I didn't get the credit for winning the match. I got so pissed off from this happening repeatadly to me, I've never played FIFA 10 again!

World Of Warcraft
    Playing such a large and successful online game such as WoW is surely going to bring you into contact with a sizeable number of twats. Being in a guild with immature twats bickering ruined the fun in the end. And yeah, you gets twats in every guild.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Thank god for mute on Xbox live. Playing death match against 10 yr old noob tubing yanks all screaming obscenties. I'd just ignore them, but on some occassions where I repeatadly would kill somebody6 times in a row, there would be a flood of abusive messages sent. Some games bring the worst out in people, this being one of them.

Starcraft 2
    Does any other game around have as many rage quits as this game does? Brilliant game, but by god some people really go mental if they lose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There's Your problem, Don't play with random strangers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

World of Warcarft for me as well. I just got sick of idiots acting the muppet in dungeons or PvP. To be fair i was in a couple of guilds and the mebers were all sound and were happy to help out each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing any online shooters,I never seem to get a shoot in and always get killed straight away.

Fifa 11 and all the disconnects I get when Im winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Street Fighter IV (original) on PSN.

Full of laggy connections, RAGE quitters & fools who thought that they could win by spamming Ken's HP SRK.

It's gotten a tiny bit better in Super SFIV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Street Fighter and Fifa for me aswell, but just because im doing badly atm, driving me nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No matter what the game i always play with mates or people from here. Dont play public in any game online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

heroes_of_newerth_jedineka.png

Ive seen things....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Black Ops on ps3, its horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Jazzy wrote: »

Ive seen things....

Bit*h please, trying to get a pub game of dota going on Bnet (before garena) was so bad, still not as bad as the rage quits and skill-level-snobbery on Island Defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Trying to find a server that works for L4D2 seems increasingly difficult. Takes about half an hour to get a game usually. It's much faster using quickmatch to jump in on a game in progress; but then you lose the small hope of finding a balanced game, because you're probably replacing a rage quitter. Matchmaking system is non-existant.

Suppose it says a lot for the game that people still want to play it so much, even with these frustrations :\

• Advertisement

D wrote: »
    Bit*h please, trying to get a pub game of dota going on Bnet (before garena) was so bad, still not as bad as the rage quits and skill-level-snobbery on Island Defence.

nah, DotA is a cake when compared to HoN when it comes to utter retards. DotA didnt have stats.... stats make normal retards EXTRA special. for example - i just played a game there and got flamed for winning the game for the team. i apparantly was an "idiot" and "didnt play for the team" by tanking everything and not dieing (as abbadon). this is not uncommon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

pwd wrote: »
    Trying to find a server that works for L4D2 seems increasingly difficult. Takes about half an hour to get a game usually. It's much faster using quickmatch to jump in on a game in progress; but then you lose the small hope of finding a balanced game, because you're probably replacing a rage quitter. Matchmaking system is non-existant.

Suppose it says a lot for the game that people still want to play it so much, even with these frustrations :\

I play it every night, never have a problem finding lobbies. You can also join games via console if you type 'openserverbrowser'

Fifa10 and 11 stress me out when your men do stupid things like randomly pass to the complete wrong person.

MW2 and BO. Killstreaks, they just ruin the game and encourage camping

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Street Fighter IV was the first and most frustrating game I've played.

This tactic in particular really got under my skin as it happened so frequently that I could predict it.

Match 1: Tight, I win
    Match 2: Tight, I win
    Match 3: Tight, I win
    Match 4: Tight, they win
    They quit and send me a message about how bad a player I am
    :mad:

It happens in a lot of games actually. It's like they've been watching Seinfeld recently and are following Georges tactic of always leaving on a high note:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I play it every night, never have a problem finding lobbies. You can also join games via console if you type 'openserverbrowser'

Fifa10 and 11 stress me out when your men do stupid things like randomly pass to the complete wrong person.

MW2 and BO. Killstreaks, they just ruin the game and encourage camping
    Hm what ISP are you with, do you mind me asking?

Finding lobbies isn't my problem. It's that when I start a game it very often freezes on the loader, or disconnects a few seconds after starting.

The openserverbrowser command sounds very handy. Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Halo 2. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

nah, DotA is a cake when compared to HoN when it comes to utter retards. DotA didnt have stats.... stats make normal retards EXTRA special. for example - i just played a game there and got flamed for winning the game for the team. i apparantly was an "idiot" and "didnt play for the team" by tanking everything and not dieing (as abbadon). this is not uncommon

Some people are complete idiots.

I was playing a PvP match and one teammate was berating me because i wasn't as good as him. He kept telling me to get a life which is retarded because the reason i wasn't as good as he was is because i dont spend every minute of my day playing the game because i have a life outside the game.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

pwd wrote: »
    Hm what ISP are you with, do you mind me asking?

Finding lobbies isn't my problem. It's that when I start a game it very often freezes on the loader, or disconnects a few seconds after starting.

The openserverbrowser command sounds very handy. Thanks for that.

Used to be with eircom, now with UPC, no problems with either. You shouldn't have to open any ports or anything.
    Use steam to defragment your files and verify the game cache.
    You can add me 'CTASeantheman' if ye need a game, but if you're **** I'll just rage at ye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

In any first person shooter.

Campers and Snipers. Where is the point in sitting in a room with a shotgun aiming at a doorway for 5 or 10 mins at a time waiting for a kill.

I have gone through 2 x 360 controllers where they have met an untimely death, connecting at high speed with the wall.

What happened to Transport Tycoon. I want Transport Tycoon back!.

P.S. I will buy a copy of Transport Tycoon Deluxe off anyone once it works on Vista. Seriously PM me Ill pay cash for a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

cojack101 wrote: »
    Campers and Snipers. Where is the point in sitting in a room with a shotgun aiming at a doorway for 5 or 10 mins at a time waiting for a kill.

Here now, big difference between camping and sniping. One's just pointless and sad and the other can take a good bit of skill.

PES6 was an annoying game for the disconnects when other players were losing. Used to annoy the bollocks out of me. I took my fair share of 3-0 drubbings, take it like a man.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've never raged so much like I have in Modern Warfare 2. Laggy connections, ****e hitboxes and camp city in Hardcore. You really don't want to hear some of the words I usher playing that game.

COD4 Promod also makes me rage sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

MW2 - without a doubt the most frustrating game i've ever played.

cs has had its moments too :D But it makes up for it with all the years of awesomeness it provided.

dont like camping? play quake

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playing with Marshbaboon on steam. Although the comedy value his antics provide more than make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

dont like camping? play quake

No camping ??? Pfffff.... I've seen you play quake.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

yep, MW2 with the nuke boosting crap that went on, although finding the lads at it and killing them over and over til they left the game was fun. Fifa 11 is a disaster with the disconnects. If i remember correctly in PES6, you got points deducted if you disconnected during a ranked match, unlike Fifa. Can't stand it when someone challenges you, and quits with the last kick of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Ive seen things....

Makes me rage daily, due to my own stupidity but sometimes others.

Magill wrote: »
    No camping ??? Pfffff.... I've seen you play quake.

no you havent cos you'd would be all "mind=blown"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

there are actually only two things in online gaming that annoy me.

1. people in battlefield 2 flying/driving/sailing off in vehicles at the start of a game that are designed to hold 4-10 people, so the rest of the team has to walk into combat.

2. playing halo online, get an enemies shield down, and then someone comes in a kills them with a single shot at the last second.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Starcraft 2 - played it a few times online and got so comprehensively destroyed that it put me off totally. How many times do you have to play it before it ranks you appropriately (as in, crap :o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

there are actually only two things in online gaming that annoy me.

1. people in battlefield 2 flying/driving/sailing off in vehicles at the start of a game that are designed to hold 4-10 people, so the rest of the team has to walk into combat.

That can be annoying but far more annoying is, on hardcore mode in Bad Company 2, I've noticed that if some twat doesn't get to pilot the helicopter, they then will team-kill that team mate in revenge, and/or destroy the helicopter too. Stupidty has no bonds.

Advertisement