Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bats in loft?

• 06-01-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever been in this situation?

I have an attic where there is a fair amount of droppings of some sort concentrated in one area of the fitted insulation. Very close to this there is a sag in the roofing felt under the roof tiles, and there is probably a 10mm gap where a bat(s) could enter.

Is this the most likely scenario?

I have always laid rodent poison in the loft, and its never been touched. Also, there is no sign of mice or rat damage, in that carboard boxes and usual attic junk are undamaged.

So, assuming it is Bats, what are my options. I realise Bats are a protected species in this country, and it would not be my intention to do any harm to them. However, I don't want their crap in my loft either!!

The house is 25 years old, and the felt has sagged in a number of places, and I'd say there are a good number of possible entry points.
    Anyone got any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

if its bats then you need to contact the local authorities about it, bats cannot be rehomed as such, you may be able to block up the areas they get access to tho. I've seen bats coming in the 1 1/2" overflow pipe from the tanks in the loft etc.

Advertisement