Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a good tide predictor for Android phones?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

The one I have is rubbish...sent me to the beach about 2 hours too late...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Tried a few iPhone apps but they were rubbish too. Now I just use www.irishtimes.com/weather/tides.html in my browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I had one on my old nokia phone but kept getting out of sync with actual tide. Best is to use an HTML report in your browser like cornbb mentioned. At least it's revised and updated everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Fair enough. I'll stick with the irishtimes one then. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Is there much of a demand for a tide predictor for Android? Im currently developing a couple of apps and could throw my hat at this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

I've noticed that the only one I could find was inaccurate. Some of the allegedly better ones were for continental US only. Also, they were all free so maybe not worth your while? I'd hate to send you on a wild goose chase...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

MagicSeaWeed had a link on their website there looking for betatesters for there mobile android app a few months ago.
    I signed up for it, got a mail back from the developer who sent me a link to the app.
    Been working well since, can add favourite spots etc.
    Havent seen that it has gone "live" to the marketplace as of yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

sparkman wrote: »
    I've noticed that the only one I could find was inaccurate. Some of the allegedly better ones were for continental US only. Also, they were all free so maybe not worth your while? I'd hate to send you on a wild goose chase...

Sometimes the free ones can make more money than the paid ones ;)
    kippy wrote: »
    MagicSeaWeed had a link on their website there looking for betatesters for there mobile android app a few months ago.
    I signed up for it, got a mail back from the developer who sent me a link to the app.
    Been working well since, can add favourite spots etc.
    Havent seen that it has gone "live" to the marketplace as of yet though.

There's a couple of apps on the Market for MagicSeaweed, Ive only tried the official one but uninstalled it because it wasn't up to much i still use the browser for checking.

Is there a widget with the MagicSeaweed app? I was thinking more along the lines of a tide predictor widget as oppose to an app...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

stevire wrote: »
    Sometimes the free ones can make more money than the paid ones ;)

There's a couple of apps on the Market for MagicSeaweed, Ive only tried the official one but uninstalled it because it wasn't up to much i still use the browser for checking.

Is there a widget with the MagicSeaweed app? I was thinking more along the lines of a tide predictor widget as oppose to an app...

I dont think there is a widget, I find what I am using ok for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Probably have as much luck looking at sailing / fishing apps as they are also keen on tide details. I use TidesPlan on the iphone which is very good and accurate.

Advertisement