Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan Vs BRDS Clan - Cup Competition

• 06-01-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

IRL Clan Vs BRDS Clan - Cup Competition

After talking to the right guy from the BRDS clan, Everlast, we have been able to come up with a format for what might hopefully be a weekly event.

1) One from BRDS - probably Core Dom, with nothing banned

2) One from us - probably HCCTF, with nothing banned.

3) Tie Breaker - Barebones TDM on Core or Hardcore (Core decided by previous week's winning team)

(not 100% sure if hardcore can be choosen in barebones, maybe someone can confirm)

This thread serves the purpose of seeing what IRL clan members are available to play on the choosen night for cup matches. BRDS clan have a similar thread in the CoD forum and no IRL clan member is to post in that thread. Same applies to them for this thread.

Hopefully, with the right people organising this Boards.ie CoD Cup Competition we can make it a weekly event and pick random teams each week so everyone can get a go.

Happy Hunting :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

any idea what days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Dont know yet. If any IRL clan members will be taking part, post in this thread what nights are good for you. I think a 9pm start is a fair enough time. I dont want to be on too late, I need my beauty sleep after all.

What nights are good for yourself Dunworth?

if its 9pm it would have to be sat/sun for me.

if its 10pm any night would be good

both are if i'm not heading out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

If it's 9/10pm I should be able to make most nights

I think seeing as the BRDS clan are the reigning champs from the last game, it would be fair that they decide a day and hopefully its a day we have a few online. The times can be arranged by getting abit of feed back on each thread on what time suits most.

I think 9 or 10pm but no later than 10 is good.

• Advertisement

i could make 9:30pm

I was playing some barebones pure earlier and you cant choose hardcore mode in it. But the threads have been open and everything agreed upon, so we will stick with it. After all its just abit of friendly competition.

The BRDS clan should be able to get a good few for this, but 2 or 3 of the guys from last time have already said they are not playing due to playing without banning stuff and too much hassle for no reward. Not a big deal as they were the ones holding this up with their handbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Sign me up it's for a laugh anyway can make most nights from nine some Saturdays I won't be able to make it.

Good work Royal.

You too Everlast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Im in

now to go over there and troll the bollox outta their thread :D

edit - crap I just seen Im not allowed post there

In fairness that individual is a drooler of epic proportion. Iv said it before 80% of a certain football club supporters in Ireland are clowns and support the team for the wrong reasons but thats besides the point. Hes running scared like a little girl on Halloween. Afraid to participate so he can avoid the inevitable hiding he'd recieve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'm Up for it, I'm home most nights from 9.. will probably be on at the weekends too... (since i gotta go home for the weekend and theres nothing else to do in the a**ehole of Wexford)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

bubbleking wrote: »
    Im in

In fairness that Celtic guy is a drooler of epic proportion. Iv said it before 80% of Celtic supporters in Ireland are clowns and support the team for the wrong reasons but thats besides the point. Hes running scared like a little girl on Halloween. Afraid to participate so he can avoid the inevitable hiding he'd recieve
    I wonder why you are not allowed post in the other thread :rolleyes:
    Competition seems to bring out the worst of the clan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Athboy no more moaning on this thread bring it up on the website.

Royal is trying to arrange a match. Everything that has gone before has been forgotton.
    Any problems website and we can sort it out ourselves.

Shoveltooth problem website or keep it to yourself this thread is to see who wants to play and want time if you don't want to play don't post here.

Athboy if you have a problem with this use the website we don't want this thread locked.

If im threading on peoples toes Sorry.
    Needed to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Competition CoD seems to bring out the worst of the clan
    FYP:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Cableguy means business... careful now...

:pac:

so whens this happening>?

Korvanica wrote: »
    Cableguy means business... careful now...

so whens this happening>?

Not sure yet. Will post it up here as soon as I have a date and time.

How serious is it going to be taken?

e.g. will we doing any "preperation" before matches? going over tactics?

or just fire at will?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Can count me in! Wont be online till after 10 from next week for the rest of the month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Can count me in! Wont be online till after 10 from next week for the rest of the month!
    I'm sure you will be acquitted :P

ntlbell wrote: »
    How serious is it going to be taken?

e.g. will we doing any "preperation" before matches? going over tactics?

or just fire at will?

We wont be taking it too seriously. But any IRL clan member who has a negative kill death ratio will be shot by firing squad after the match. :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bubbleking wrote: »
    Im in

In fairness that guy is a drooler of epic proportion.

Bubbleking, that's the exact type of behavior that gets people banned, threads locked and the future of clan threads reevaluated. Keep it civil.

• Advertisement

I might be out of action for the start of this, fecking RROD:mad:

I might be out of action for the start of this, fecking RROD:mad:

Disaster Ntlbell.

My xbox sounds as if its on its last legs. Keeps making weird noises and I keep getting that open tray message. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Count me in.

Disaster Ntlbell.

My xbox sounds as if its on its last legs. Keeps making weird noises and I keep getting that open tray message. :(

Yep, all is good tho, picked up a new slim, panic over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Count me in too ...Just need a bit of advanced warning ...Galwaydave

Count me in too ...Just need a bit of advanced warning ...Galwaydave

Still waiting on a time and date to be decided. Should be towards the end of the week or the weekend.

Still waiting on a time and date to be decided. Should be towards the end of the week or the weekend.

any news royal?

any news royal?

Its either going to be Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Still waiting on confirmation.

I also think that the day thats decided on, should continue to be the weekly day from here on in. It will just make things easier for future matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Preferably Sunday for me royal as I was saying. Theres a bit of boozing to be done tomorrow and Saturday I think:P

• Advertisement

Yeah Sunday night seems best for all involved. It would be good to make it a set thing for every Sunday night to make it a regular thing. I PMed Everlast this about Sunday night, so as soon as he confirms we can find out what maps we are playing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement