Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan Vs BRDS Clan - Cup Competition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

hope you all enjoy it.Any chance people will record the gameplay so the rest of the forum can see how good everyone is(or is not:) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Sunday evening is good for me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

This Sunday at 22:30 is the confirmed time for the Boards.ie black ops cup competition.

Hows the teams going to be picked

For the first week, I will be picking what I think is a team that will win. I think it would be good to get this new format of playing off with a win. I wont be picking the team until the Sunday evening when I get a idea of who will be online.

I dont like doing it, and it might be abit unfair on some, but I can assure all IRL clan members it will only be for the first week. After that it will come down to, whoever is online on a Sunday evening, and then whooever hasnt played yet.

The team I would really like to put out goes as follows.....
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth

• Advertisement

For the first week, I will be picking what I think is a team that will win. I think it would be good to get this new format of playing off with a win. I wont be picking the team until the Sunday evening when I get a idea of who will be online.

I dont like doing it, and it might be abit unfair on some, but I can assure all IRL clan members it will only be for the first week. After that it will come down to, whoever is online on a Sunday evening, and then whooever hasnt played yet.

The team I would really like to put out goes as follows.....
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth
    Shoveltooth

Good thinking, get the aul team morale up :)

Maybe we should all chip in and buy shovel a copy? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

im available sunday after 11 pm ish , bit late but sure you can stick me on the bench , kinda use to that in the footy of late:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i should be around unless something comes ups

So from going through the thread, so far players available are.

Walshy16291
    mlindsay215
    cableguy IE
    Galwaydave
    Ravage1616
    Dunworth1
    AthboyAce
    Korvanica
    Fat Potatoes
    Peracto Paulo
    Royal 1rish
    ntlbell (whats your gamertag? I forget)

Still waiting on Failsafe and a few others to make themselves available. Post it up here lads if you's are going to be online at 22:30 this Sunday.

So from going through the thread, so far players available are.

Walshy16291
    mlindsay215
    cableguy IE
    Galwaydave
    Ravage1616
    Dunworth1
    AthboyAce
    Korvanica
    Fat Potatoes
    Peracto Paulo
    Royal 1rish
    ntlbell (whats your gamertag? I forget)

Still waiting on Failsafe and a few others to make themselves available. Post it up here lads if you's are going to be online at 22:30 this Sunday.

Ramjaxed

• Advertisement

Nice one.

Walshy16291
    mlindsay215
    cableguy IE
    Galwaydave
    Ravage1616
    Dunworth1
    AthboyAce
    Korvanica
    Fat Potatoes
    Peracto Paulo
    Royal 1rish
    Ramjaxed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I should be around also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am ready for tonight, count me in :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Ill be there.

Team news for tonights clan match.

Starting line up is as follows.

mlindsay215
    Walshy16291
    Peracto Paulo
    Cableguy IE
    FAILSAFE 00
    Royal 1rish

Subs incase of any of the above have connection problems before start of match.

Dunworth1
    Galwaydave
    Ravage1616
    AthboyAce
    Korvanica
    Fat Potatoes
    Ramjaxed
    SimonGruberSays

It would be good to see everyone online if possible and anyone not playing in the clan match, will be automatically in next weeks starting line up if online on that day. Also the subs online tonight will have enough players to get a good game going on the side. After the clan match itself we can get a big ground war going maybe.

Regarding maps, still waiting on BRDS clan to confirm what maps we will be playing for Core Domination. The IRL clans choice for hardcore CTF will be Firing Range. BRDS clan have to choose what map we will be playing for the tie breaker if required.

Just to update everyone on the format and rules we are playing its as follows.

BRDS clan gamemode: Core Domination with nothing banned. Map: unknown.
    IRL clan gamemode: Hardcore CTF with nothing banned. Map: Firing Range.
    Tie Breaker gamemode: Core TDM with Killstreaks and perks disabled. All weapons and equipment can be used. Map: Unknown

Best of luck and happy hunting.

That's a very strong line up :D

Good luck tonight guys. Hopefully the adjustments made in last nights domination will stand to you ;)

ntlbell wrote: »
    That's a very strong line up :D

Good luck tonight guys. Hopefully the adjustments made in last nights domination will stand to you ;)

Shhhhh!!! We havent played Domination since the last clan match ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Cocaine and hookers for pre match diet

Defeated :( But they were some great games.

Domination on Summit beaten 200-155
    Capture the flag we won each round 3-2 3-0
    Tie Breaker on Launch was very close. 7500-7100

Cheers to Everlast75 for helping to organise this and we will be doing it again hopefully.

Myself, mlindsay, Walshy, Failsafe, Paulo and Athboy will be subs next time so other people can get a chance to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

was the tie breaker soft core or hard core??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

softcore i think kev

also we should move discussion to our site.
    http://www.irlclan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=107

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

lol ..... softcore....

who plays softcore :P

missed last night (prob just as well) my blood is currently boiling....

Sorry for the late post but busy in college all day:(

Well lads it seems that all "good" things must come to an end.(For anyone that does not realise the other thread on the COD forum was closed). What we hoped would be a regular thing seems to have turned into a (lets be honest here) a complete disaster unfortunately.

I thought that both teams would learn form the first game and what followed after with the thread and its eventual lock but no a few had to ruin for the enjoyment for all (They know who they are). I really enjoyed the first game and ,except for a few tweaks, thought we would come to an arrangement for further enjoyment and exciting games.

I would like to personally thank Royal and Everlast (who was a sound fella in fairness to him) on at least attempting to get it going but once again the same thing happened on the forums after the second game :rolleyes:. Childish arguing with little to no constructive ways on how to improve the competition have left a sour taste with most involved.Even those who were not playing or said they would not with the games last night had to get involved in the "discussion" after. We both have our different game modes and I presume we all enjoy them normally form day to day and thats fair enough. Calling another game you don't play usually unskillful or nooby is just not my way of going about things.

I don't feel the need to discuss preparation or anything like that.What the real problem, I believe, is the deciding round. There just seems to be no game mode that can act as a medium between the two clans fairly.To me It either benefits one or the other.There is just not enough options in the game for all 12 of us to agree strongly with I feel. I personally will be leaving it at this. I apoligise to all those other players from both sides who did not get a game. Playing another organised team is tense(We joked with everlast about this in the lobby:D) and the feeling is something you will never get online in pub games very often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Korvanica wrote: »
    lol ..... softcore....

who plays softcore :P

missed last night (prob just as well) my blood is currently boiling....
    Family-Guy-Quagmire.jpg

Sorry for the late post but busy in college all day:(

Well lads it seems that all "good" things must come to an end.(For anyone that does not realise the other thread on the COD forum was closed). What we hoped would be a regular thing seems to have turned into a (lets be honest here) a complete disaster unfortunately.

I thought that both teams would learn form the first game and what followed after with the thread and its eventual lock but no a few had to ruin for the enjoyment for all (They know who they are). I really enjoyed the first game and ,except for a few tweaks, thought we would come to an arrangement for further enjoyment and exciting games.

I would like to personally thank Royal and Everlast (who was a sound fella in fairness to him) on at least attempting to get it going but once again the same thing happened on the forums after the second game :rolleyes:. Childish arguing with little to no constructive ways on how to improve the competition have left a sour taste with most involved.Even those who were not playing or said they would not with the games last night had to get involved in the "discussion" after. We both have our different game modes and I presume we all enjoy them normally form day to day and thats fair enough. Calling another game you don't play usually unskillful or nooby is just not my way of going about things.

I don't feel the need to discuss preparation or anything like that.What the real problem, I believe, is the deciding round. There just seems to be no game mode that can act as a medium between the two clans fairly.To me It either benefits one or the other.There is just not enough options in the game for all 12 of us to agree strongly with I feel. I personally will be leaving it at this. I apoligise to all those other players from both sides who did not get a game. Playing another organised team is tense(We joked with everlast about this in the lobby:D) and the feeling is something you will never get online in pub games very often.

My only gripe about the whole thing was the attitude of Cereal Rapist, Serria and Cetic on the thread after the game. Really disgraceful and unsporting behaviour. I found it all quite upsetting :rolleyes:

On a unrelated matter, I was playing Black Ops last night and some guy killed me with a grenade launcher while hiding in a bush. Thats serious underhanded tactics. Its not my fault that I didnt shoot him first. He should not be using a grenade launcher.

I traded in Black Ops this morning and used the money from that to buy Dance central. No underhanded tactics in that game. Anyone up for a dance off? :rolleyes:

With a grenade launcher? That is really quite upsetting and nothing short of a disgrace:P

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Will flak jackets allow you to take a grenade in the face and still stand like Chuck Norris would?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

traded in Black Ops this morning and used the money from that to buy Dance central. No underhanded tactics in that game. Anyone up for a dance off? :rolleyes:

Yesss!!!

(Runs off to put on leotard and legwarmers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I hope you guys don't mind me posting here as you did post in our one. Much of the actually discussion that was posted by X, Everlast and I seems to have been ignored. We did attempt to discuss what we felt wasn't right in our view. We did have very different play styles and what we would considered fair gameplay during some parts of the games, but as everlast did say its "horses for courses".

Many people, including those in the game against IRL do feel that noob tubes are a cheap tactic. It is what many of us were trying to convey to you. They are banned in nearly every competitive gaming match's for the CoD series for a reason. We even complimented you on your games on HCCTF, that you have seemed to have missed and focused on a few criticisms. We all know the last match was very close and came down to the very last few kills, so why all the bitterness when we mention that we think noob tubes are a cheap tactic? There is no need for the cheap hits against the BRDS lads for saying this as it makes your clan look very petty.

As I have said already in the other thread, we were just a random group of lads from boards and just wanted to play for fun. It did end up with a bit petty arguing in the end, but some of your clan didn't help the matter at all. I think we all know now that this is not going to go ahead in the future, but these petty insults are doing nothing for your clan and will only make people think less of you. BubbleKing gave a good account of what happened during the matches with nothing bad to say and replied with I would of expected out of a clan.

I didn't appreciate the fact that you accused us of using underhanded tactics like delaying telling you the map decision or picking sides on the maps that we started on. We told you that we only decided a few minutes before hand and it wasn't unanimous either. We just said that we'd pick the 1st choice all 3 times, there were no complaints in the lobby so it does seem like its just something to complain about when you said it our thread.

I'm not looking for an argument and I'm not bitter about the match(I have no reason to be bitter), I'm just wondering why you guys still feel the need to make cheap shots against players who aren't even a clan? Again, I was hoping that this would of been a regular thing (Even look at the two closed threads, I was all for it throughout) But this kind of reaction to the match and one or two criticisms, on an open forum, from a clan, has even me questioning playing you and not want to do it again :(

Again, I hope you don't mind me posting here but our thread is closed.

Woops, that was a bit longer than expected, I was just typing away watching tv :o

• Advertisement

No problem posting here at all Doc. This thing wont be happening again so it doesnt really matter. I didnt read the rest of your post but am sure my sig would give you an idea of what my reply would be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement