Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan Vs BRDS Clan - Cup Competition

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Having read back on this and the locked thread on the other forum, I would suggest we not try this again for the moment. As I recall, the IRL clan wasn't set up to take things seriously, but just to add to the enjoyment of the game. We have to remember it's only a game and if all parties involved do not realise this and start taking things too seriously, then the point of it is completely lost in an pile of arguements and bickering and the fun is completely drained.

People have different playing styles, some may find it frustrating but it's the nature of the game (and for me it's nothing a tomahawk to the face won't cure).

Perhaps in the future it may work, after all there's no harm in a friendly rivalry. It could make for some good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Completely agree with Simon here and it was for the reasons he mentioned above that I posted on the origional clan match thread (a post I may add that seemed to be misunderstood by the more illiterate fellows posting over there, but this appears to be a common trait amongst at least three of them).

But a fact highlighted by Simon above is what I loved about their threads. They seemed to want to portray themselves as the every men taking on a big bad 'professional' clan (failsafe didn't help with their misconception*); a group of lads that met on boards who enjoyed playing games together. This is evident by all the 'come on the boards lads' type posts on their threads. Were they oblivious that in the simplest terms we are exactly the same (well not exactly the same, they play gay soft core)? How did they come to this understanding? This is truly what makes me laugh. Their David verus Goliath complex.

I think it's just a shame that these friendly games didn't work out especially after the great work that was put in by certain members of both 'clans'. We are all just lads that met on boards that enjoy playing games together, it's just a pity that we all couldn't get along. We all had a dream, certain idiots however ruined it.

*failsafe I understand your usage of the word 'professional' in the context of your origional post but alas again they took it literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

But a fact highlighted by Simon above is what I loved about their threads. They seemed to want to portray themselves as the every men taking on a big bad 'professional' clan (failsafe didn't help with their misconception*); a group of lads that met on boards who enjoyed playing games together. This is evident by all the 'come on the boards lads' type posts on their threads. Were they oblivious that in the simplest terms we are exactly the same (well not exactly the same, they play gay soft core)? How did they come to this understanding? This is truly what makes me laugh. Their David verus Goliath complex.

I read the other thread and was surprised by this as well.
    I came onto this forum last week asking if anyone was playing battlefield and immediately a few lads from IRL threw over their gamer tags and told me to stick the clan tag on.
    Nobody asked about k/d ratios (mine is crap), etc, etc.
    Would I have gotten the same response if I'd have posted on the forum BRDS lads hang out on? Maybe..

Shame it didn't work out anyway, the clash of styles made it seem more interesting for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

jmacm wrote: »
    I read the other thread and was surprised by this as well.
    I came onto this forum last week asking if anyone was playing battlefield and immediately a few lads from IRL threw over their gamer tags and told me to stick the clan tag on.
    Nobody asked about k/d ratios (mine is crap), etc, etc.
    Would I have gotten the same response if I'd have posted on the forum BRDS lads hang out on? Maybe..

Shame it didn't work out anyway, the clash of styles made it seem more interesting for me!

Good post. I agree about the clash of styles. They play a more run and gun headless chicken type game on softcore, were as we would play a more tactical and smarter game on hardcore, which does include camping, which in their eyes seems to be worse than being a sex offender. Personally I'd rather be camping in a bush somewhere, than being a serial rapist. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Why can't we all just get along :(

• Advertisement

Why can't we all just get along :(

Mainly because there are two types of people in the world. Normal folk who possess rational thought and muppets. Muppets who have difficulties understanding the concept of a paragraph and who like to take words and sentences out of context because they and their idiot mates think that it is funny. Muppets who complain because they believe that their way is right and all other options then surely must be wrong. I could go on but it would take forever to explain to a muppet the reason for them being a muppet. They were born that way. We should pity them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

We are just 2 different groups of guys, (a.k.a clans) and find it difficult to reach a common ground, each clan has it's own values and beliefs, also black ops private match settings are not the best for clan vs clan, there are some annoying settings and a lack of some bare essential settings.

I think it should never have been a competition from the start just a few friendly games, testing the water. 3 games should have been at least 10 games, maybe 5 brds way, 5 irl way just for a bit of Craic, but sometimes these things just don't workout, and that's not bad, everything does not have to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

It was worth a shot getting it going but there is just no pleasing some people. Some people are just natural whingers that look for things to complain about.

In the end all of us had a good aul laugh at their expense over how stupid they have acted after each match.

On a completely unrelated matter, I was playing football earlier, and a guy on the other team hit the ball into our net with his head. I mean come on?? They shouldnt be allowed do that surely?? It was very unsporting behaviour and a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I was playing football earlier, and a guy on the other team hit the ball into our net

Very upsetting :mad:

Why wasn't he marked! cheap shot.

I was looking forward to a game, I don't know most of the guys on the boards thread but I'm getting the feeling some of them are very young or at least act it. Probably better off chalking this down to expirience and maybe everlast can put together a few players who's voices have at least broke and we can get back to buisness :D

On a completely unrelated matter, I was playing football earlier, and a guy on the other team hit the ball into our net with his head. I mean come on?? They shouldnt be allowed do that surely?? It was very unsporting behaviour and a disgrace.

Similar story no lie. Playing five a side last week when one of the lads who was camping in the rear by the net handled and picked up the ball. I mean if I can't handle it, no one should be allowed to handle it. What a noob! It was my ball so I picked it up and went home.

But my night only got worse from there. On the LUAS home some muppet in a Celtic jersey would not shut up on how he thought football should be played. He was eating out of a box of cereal and it appeared as if that was where he was getting his point of view from. I mean it seemed as if he had no genuine ideas of his own and was finding some sort of inspiration by playing with and eating the nuts off some cereal. Strange night to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Similar story no lie. Playing five a side last week when one of the lads who was camping in the rear by the net handled and picked up the ball. I mean if I can't handle it, no one should be allowed to handle it. What a noob! It was my ball so I picked it up and went home.

I think you would probably prefer softcore so!

0316120711JimmyBall-JF-ActHero.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Can people just move on and let this thread die a peaceful death?
    That's an order :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Boards is not a platform for aggro between clans.

If a thread is locked because of bickering, that does not mean you wander over to another forum and continue it there.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement