Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of delivery prices to Ireland from online shops

• 06-01-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Just thought this might be a good idea for people when ordering online, to check at a glance the price for delivery to Ireland as I know myself, I've gone to the checkout and been quite surprised/disappointed by the cost and wish I'd known it at the start! Feel free to add and I can copy/paste them into the first post to save people looking :)

[Please note some prices are in Sterling and some are in Euro]
    If I've made any mistakes, be sure to let me know :)

Oh and these are for the basic delivery options - some shops offer an express delivery, which obviously costs more.

Dorothy Perkins: £4
    ASOS: €2.99
    A Wear: €3.50
    La Senza: £7.95
    Debenhams [Ireland] : FREE
    River Island: Currently doesn't deliver to ROI
    Miss Selfridge: £4.00
    Topshop: £4.00
    Shudoo.co.uk: £17.00
    Schuh IE: €5
    Monsoon/Accessorize: £7.95
    Littlewoods: FREE
    Oxendales: €4.99
    Urban Outfitters: €10.95

NextDirect.com - €5

HouseOfFraser.co.uk - £3 or free over £50 spent

BHS & BHSMenswear - £3.95 (ignore the free delivery over £10 spent - it's not!)

Burton.co.uk - £3.95

American Eagle - $50 (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Hollister Co
    . - between $40 - $120 depending on the amount spent (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Abercrombie & Fitch - between $40 - $120 depending on the amount spent (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Anchor Blue - requires the use of Bundlebox as they cannot handle Irish credit cards even though they say they ship internationally (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Pacsun - €24.95 (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Superdry - Free

M&M Direct - €4.99 or free over €50 spent

Sports Direct - £15.99

Football Fanatics - $19.95 (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Polo-Shirts.co.uk - £5.00 for the first 5 items then £1 for every extra item

Republic.co.uk - £8.95

iTailor.com - €4.99 per custom tie, €5.99 per custom shirt

Gap.eu - £6

Foot Asylum - €11.00

MINAUK: £7
    Newlook.com £5.50
    FeelUnique.com: FREE

Arnotts.ie - http://www.arnotts.ie/content/Delivery-Information/345 - there are various charges, too many to post here imo.

Fragrance Direct - £2.49 for the first item, every item after that is £1.99 per item. Delivery can be slow sometimes. Longest I've had to wait is 10-12 days (and no, it wasn't because of the weather).

Salon Skincare - £5.95 to the Republic of Ireland. They deliver by courier and each delivery requires a signature. They also deliver very quick, I've never had to wait more than four days for an item to arrive.

Figleaves UK - £5.50 TO Republic Of Ireland.

Boohoo.com = £6.99 to Republic Of Ireland

Chemist Direct - £3.95 to Republic Of Ireland

HQ Hair = £4.50 for one item only, £6.50 for unlimited number of items.

Best Menswear - Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland - €5.00, UK - €15.00, Europe - €20.00

Elvery's - Ireland & Northern Ireland (Express service – signature, tracking and insurance for up to €350 per package),< 30kg €5.25, > 30kg €10.00 - http://www.elverys.ie/content/Delivery-Information/393

Heatons Stores - Current promotion: Delivery is free on all online orders of €25 or greater for a limited period.

Standard delivery: Delivery is free on all online orders of any value if you opt to collect from one of our stores. Click here to view our stores.

Delivery is free on all online orders of €50 or greater, orders less than €50 will be charged at €5 (including vat), regardless of the amount of items being delivered.

http://www.heatonsstores.com/content...nformation/345

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Love this idea stripysocks! I'm terrible for shopping online so hopefully I'll be able to help make the list grow! :)

Urban Outfitters - €10.95

• Registered Users Posts: 13 yellowfolder

MINAUK - £7

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

Newlook.com £5.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

www.feelunique.com - Free.
    I use them all the time because of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Debenhams.ie - Free

NextDirect.com - €5

HouseOfFraser.co.uk - £3 or free over £50 spent

BHS & BHSMenswear - £3.95 (ignore the free delivery over £10 spent - it's not!)

Burton.co.uk - £3.95

American Eagle - $50 (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost) - Don't forget to Google for AE discount codes, you could get as much as 20% off sometimes

Hollister Co. - between $40 - $120 depending on the amount spent (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Abercrombie & Fitch - between $40 - $120 depending on the amount spent (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Pacsun - €24.95 (duties & VAT included in prices)

Superdry - Free

M&M Direct - €4.99 or free over €50 spent

Sports Direct - £15.99

Football Fanatics - $19.95 (duties over €150 worth is an extra cost)

Polo-Shirts.co.uk - £5.00 for the first 5 items then £1 for every extra item

Republic.co.uk - £8.95

iTailor.com - €4.99 per custom tie, €5.99 per custom shirt

Gap.eu - £6

Foot Asylum - €11.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Sorry that this is off topic, but I thought you had to pay duties on orders of over $28? Is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

No it's the total value of the order including shipping costs, so a $100 order plus shipping at $50 - a total order of $150 = €115 at todays rate would mean no duties are expected.

I have ordered items from AE where the total order value was €160 including shipping at that days conversion rate (the total was over $200) and paid €30 duties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    Sorry that this is off topic, but I thought you had to pay duties on orders of over $28? Is that right?

If you buy online or by mail order etc.

From outside the EU

From: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html

You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22. The Revenue Commissioners provide a Guide to the reliefs available for the import from non-EC countries.

If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Just an amendment, ASOS ship to Ireland for €2.99, not 2.99 sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks OP, and to everyone else who posted delivery prices.

Here's a few more, hopefully they can be of help.

Arnotts.ie - http://www.arnotts.ie/content/Delivery-Information/345 - there are various charges, too many to post here imo.

Fragrance Direct - £2.49 for the first item, every item after that is £1.99 per item. Delivery can be slow sometimes. Longest I've had to wait is 10-12 days (and no, it wasn't because of the weather).

Salon Skincare - £5.95 to the Republic of Ireland. They deliver by courier and each delivery requires a signature. They also deliver very quick, I've never had to wait more than four days for an item to arrive.

Figleaves UK - £5.50 TO Republic Of Ireland.

Boohoo.com = £6.99 to Republic Of Ireland

Chemist Direct - £3.95 to Republic Of Ireland

HQ Hair = £4.50 for one item only, £6.50 for unlimited number of items.

Best Menswear - Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland - €5.00, UK - €15.00, Europe - €20.00

Elvery's - Ireland & Northern Ireland (Express service – signature, tracking and insurance for up to €350 per package),< 30kg €5.25, > 30kg €10.00 - http://www.elverys.ie/content/Delivery-Information/393

Heatons Stores - Current promotion: Delivery is free on all online orders of €25 or greater for a limited period.

Standard delivery: Delivery is free on all online orders of any value if you opt to collect from one of our stores. Click here to view our stores.

Delivery is free on all online orders of €50 or greater, orders less than €50 will be charged at €5 (including vat), regardless of the amount of items being delivered.

http://www.heatonsstores.com/content/Delivery-Information/345

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

E.T. wrote: »

From outside the EU

From: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html

You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22. The Revenue Commissioners provide a Guide to the reliefs available for the import from non-EC countries.

If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

Just to point out that charges apply on items costing you €22 INLUDING delivery.

Great thread OP!Well done. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Just want to keep this on the main page to make it easier for people to consult, perhaps it could be made a sticky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Darling is £7.95.

This would make a great sticky OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Anybody know which online chemist/pharmacy has the best shipping charges to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

E.T. wrote: »

From outside the EU

Bought some children's clothes from OldNavy/GAP shipped via fiftyOne.com. Clothes came to €131.48, shipping of €12.95 and duty of €37.48. Just realised that:
    a) the intrinsic value was below €150
    b) although the order was over €22, VAT is 0% on childrens clothes, so I shouldn't have been charged the €37.48.

Or am I wrong in my interpretation! I've sent FiftyOne/GAP a mail to see what they say. If I'm right, they could owe money back to people who bought just children's clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Nails Inc - £12.95
    even if you buy one polish.
    don't. do. it.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

From 2 posts above, I got Revenue to confirm the 0% VAT rate so sent this onto fiftyone.com and they gave me a refund.

Aside from that, they have some good clients for whom they handle delivery to Ireland: http://www.fiftyone.com/clients .
    We've decided to get all our toddlers clothes from shops on here like American Eagle, Old Navy etc. Some of the sale items are great value and delivery is usually around the 20 dollar mark which is good value.

Advertisement